CPJ Press Conference

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GeorgiaTechFB: .@GTPaulJohnson on Justin Thomas: "He's getting more comfortable and gaining confidence...He's going to be a handful." #MIAvsGT

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GeorgiaTechFB: .@GTPaulJohnson on Miami: "They have great athletes, and they probably played their best game this past week." #MIAvsGT

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GeorgiaTechFB: .@GTPaulJohnson: "Duke Johnson is the complete package, tremendous speed and balance, plus good receiver out of the backfield." #MIAvsGT

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GeorgiaTechFB: .@GTPaulJohnson on Justin Thomas' election as captain: "It speaks a lot about how much his teammates respect him." #MIAvsGT

MidtownJacket

Staff member
you can watch on the above link still as of 12:10.. today. Not sure if they take it down later, but you just have to rewind to the start of the block of content once the commercial plays.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It does seem like CPJ has a certain quiet confidence about the team this year. Last year it seemed like he was irritated the whole time, even after a win. This year he's more at ease and when he talks it's like he wants to let you in on a secret but he's having more fun keeping it to himself.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It does seem like CPJ has a certain quiet confidence about the team this year. Last year it seemed like he was irritated the whole time, even after a win. This year he's more at ease and when he talks it's like he wants to let you in on a secret but he's having more fun keeping it to himself.
I completely agree. I was just about to ask if anyone else felt a completely different vibe from him this year. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much he's been joking around with media. When CPJ starts smiling, you know the team is really something special.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I completely agree. I was just about to ask if anyone else felt a completely different vibe from him this year. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much he's been joking around with media. When CPJ starts smiling, you know the team is really something special.

I'm sure being 4-0 helps with that lol. Also beating a team that you've gone 0-4 against the last 4 seasons helps as well. I think PJ was really starting to feel the hot seat last year with vad at the helm and he hasn't really ever been in a situation where he wasn't winning at a high as a head coach, GSU/Navy. I think GT was really humbling him and making him frustrated that he couldn't duplicate his previous success. Now with JT running the option I think he believes JT can bring back a lot of wins in the next few seasons.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm sure being 4-0 helps with that lol. Also beating a team that you've gone 0-4 against the last 4 seasons helps as well. I think PJ was really starting to feel the hot seat last year with vad at the helm and he hasn't really ever been in a situation where he wasn't winning at a high as a head coach, GSU/Navy. I think GT was really humbling him and making him frustrated that he couldn't duplicate his previous success. Now with JT running the option I think he believes JT can bring back a lot of wins in the next few seasons.

Looks like Ma Tech has that affect not only on students but coaches also. ;) I know that I have been there and felt the same way!

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I agree. He senses the fact that JT is going to improve and is excited about the possibilities.

He mentioned how he noticed how he(JT) was running too much east/west and not getting upfield and that he changed that negative aspect of his game from one week to the next. That's def what we need.

I saw him run towards the edge with that sweeping style last year at the spring game and since then I've been excited about this kid. He reminded me of the "And1" logo if any of y'all know what I'm talking about.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg

Something like this