CPJ post-practice audio

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I guess coming in early screws up everybody's math. "He's been here 3 years" said about a RS Fr in his second game.

I know it's technically correct: 13-14, 14-15, and 15-16 are the 3yrs he's been at Tech.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unless Matthew Jordan is better at QB right now?
Maybe you are right. But, I think Campbell was the recruit they brought into play QB. Jordan had his chance and the staff switched him to AB. I think we will learn the answer in the near future. Actually, Jordan looked pretty good at AB.

One area where I do not ever question CPJ and his staff is where they use the athletes they have. And, with a few exceptions, the kids seem OK with that.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you are right. But, I think Campbell was the recruit they brought into play QB. Jordan had his chance and the staff switched him to AB. I think we will learn the answer in the near future. Actually, Jordan looked pretty good at AB.

One area where I do not ever question CPJ and his staff is where they use the athletes they have. And, with a few exceptions, the kids seem OK with that.
MJ was kinda stuck behind JT this year and next. I'm not sure if the move to ABack was because MJ couldn't cut it at QB or cause he was gonna waste away on the bench holding a clipboard.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow

Yeah I do think Campbell probably has a higher ceiling but Id also be surprised if Jordan wasn't the better option right now given his experience.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I am sure next weeks prep for ND is going to be intense. Golden might put 25 hours in the film room by Tuesday

Heck, just to do my part, even I am going to put in some time in the film room.

This way, when I scream at the TV during the game, it will be an informed and constructive psychotic eruption as opposed to my usual uninformed, non-constructive psychotic eruption.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think a lot of people missed the presser where CPJ said MJ is 3rd QB but also playing some AB in order to get him on the field. He actually said that more in reverse order but the point is the same. MJ is 3rd string (actually 2nd this week) QB till someone beats him out.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
IMO, this is good news re TB. If Jordan is back at QB rather than Campbell, it means CPJ thinks TB could be back in a few weeks. Otherwise, they would burn Campbell's redshirt.
I'm pretty sure we are not going to burn Campbell's shirt this year unless we have a couple more injuries. Coach has him running the scout team, he can probably help out the team more this year by giving them good looks at opposing QBs. We are facing some good, athletic QBs coming up (Malik Zaire at ND comes to mind)...if he gives our D a good simulation that can pay huge dividends during games.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
CC was not dressed for Alcorn State. Will be interesting to see if he gets some shoulder pads and a helmet on Saturday

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I do think Campbell probably has a higher ceiling but Id also be surprised if Jordan wasn't the better option right now given his experience.

Similar to Vad/JeT 2013, Tevin/Vad 2012. You put the guy on the field that helps you win right now regardless of who may or may not have the highest ceiling.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess coming in early screws up everybody's math. "He's been here 3 years" said about a RS Fr in his second game.

I know it's technically correct: 13-14, 14-15, and 15-16 are the 3yrs he's been at Tech.

It would be technically correct if he were here in 13-14, but he wasn't. He enrolled in January 2014, so that gave him a Spring camp, but I'd hardly say that's three years.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/matthew_jordan_888381.html

I'm done with this coach and his inability to count.