CPJ on 680 the fan

Cam

Helluva Engineer
He just said Mills will be starting at B-back!
That... is going to be interesting. But I'm excited. If we have a guy who beat out everyone ahead of him as a true freshman, we might have a serious talent there right now. Keep in mind Chubb looked just as good as Gurley his freshman year. Not saying Mills is Chubb, but the precedent for a star true freshman RB is there.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
He said Marshall will be playing a lot and that he is counting on those 2 to hold down the position. I'm sure 680 has an archive

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Geuss it's that time...

kool-aid_featured.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mills is easily the best combination of physicality, size, and downhill runner we've signed at BB since Travis Custis. Not super surprising...just surprising in terms of easing a true freshmen into the position. Thought both MM and Mills would play a lot, and MM would start the season as BB1 since it's a road game in Ireland.

But if Mills can play, let that horse run!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well, I like having people that will clean your Klock, but having someone that will clean your Glock (and then shoot you with it) works too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well I don't recommend allowing anyone else to clean your Glock....and definitely don't recommend letting someone shoot you with same:ROFLMAO:

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Mills is easily the best combination of physicality, size, and downhill runner we've signed at BB since Travis Custis. Not super surprising...just surprising in terms of easing a true freshmen into the position. Thought both MM and Mills would play a lot, and MM would start the season as BB1 since it's a road game in Ireland.

But if Mills can play, let that horse run!

I'm just guessing, with my coach's mentality, that the tie breaker for who starts was partially based on practice time missed and I suspect Mills was there every practice Spring and Fall. CPJ sometimes uses his version of "I am not pleased" when he mentions someone is not practicing. Ball security and blocking probably went heavily into this decision as well. All three of these issues probably go to Mills. They each have their own positives as a runner. I am also looking forward to both playing a lot and like Laskey and Days it may not matter so much who starts.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm just guessing, with my coach's mentality, that the tie breaker for who starts was partially based on practice time missed and I suspect Mills was there every practice Spring and Fall. CPJ sometimes uses his version of "I am not pleased" when he mentions someone is not practicing. Ball security and blocking probably went heavily into this decision as well. All three of these issues probably go to Mills. They each have their own positives as a runner. I am also looking forward to both playing a lot and like Laskey and Days it may not matter so much who starts.
1. Laskey and Days = 3 years of college football = good year
2. If Mills ab Marshall are good AFTER 0/ 1 year college football, that will make a believer in recruiting.

After GSU we will know