CPJ on 12:00p segment of Buck and Kincaide on 680theFan on 4/19

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty generic thus far, asking about HS players preparedness for GT, how are things with Marshall, new jerseys. Lasted about 8 minutes.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Marshall showed flashes of brilliance last year but also made mistakes typical of a first year starter at the position. If he is able to improve, as he should, with reads and passing it could be an exceptional year for the offense. Would love to see a number of offensive performances like what occurred in the Miss State Orange Bowl for the offense this year.
Candidly it also sounds like the defense will be much more fun to watch even if they don't improve in overall performance. Hopefully both sides of the ball will improve and this year will be special.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think our defense will be "three and out". Either we'll force a punt (or turnover) or the other team will score. But fewer time consuming long drives against us next year, I think.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
They replayed the interview. Other nuggets include:

-There is constant teaching, both film and on the field.
-Spring is a time where everyone gets to play. It's different in the fall when they break into the regulars and scout team.
-CNW has made good progress installing the defense thus far. Their goal is to create more negative plays
-CPJ is meeting with every player. Has met with about 1/2 of them so far.
-TM is more comfortable with the offense and continues to progress. Still needs to work on presence in the pocket. Expects improvement from year 1 to 2 with the offense.

Buck asked about the impact the TN loss had on the season. CPJ commented that the Miami game was more as a gut wrencher because of how it played out at the end (commented on circus catch made over 2 defenders on the last scoring drive by Miami).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

-Spring is a time where everyone gets to play. It's different in the fall when they break into the regulars and scout team.
-CNW has made good progress installing the defense thus far. Their goal is to create more negative plays
-TM is more comfortable with the offense and continues to progress. Still needs to work on presence in the pocket. Expects improvement from year 1 to 2 with the offense.

Buck asked about the impact the TN loss had on the season. CPJ commented that the Miami game was more as a gut wrencher because of how it played out at the end (commented on circus catch made over 2 defenders on the last scoring drive by Miami).
Isn't it odd -- and I am as guilty of it as anybody -- that one bad option read on a 2-point conversion, and one last second, spectacular catch by an opponent lost us two games that would have put our record at 7-4 with a cancellation, vs. 5-6? At 7-4 you are competitive, at 5-6 you are not, yet it was two plays that decided such. Sometimes I love sports, sometimes I hate sports.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Thank you Mr Simpson.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Isn't it odd -- and I am as guilty of it as anybody -- that one bad option read on a 2-point conversion, and one last second, spectacular catch by an opponent lost us two games that would have put our record at 7-4 with a cancellation, vs. 5-6? At 7-4 you are competitive, at 5-6 you are not, yet it was two plays that decided such. Sometimes I love sports, sometimes I hate sports.
Win those two games and I bet we do t lose to Duke or UVA. The team looked like it was going through the motions going into the Uga game. It’s anaz we played as well as we did vs VT and yet we were still in inch or two away from losing. This team was just as close to 9-2 as it was 4-7. Sports....... It can take years off a die hard fans life. Lol

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
PJ routinely has met with every player throughout winter and spring. Each kid gets about 10 minutes. PJ lets em know where they stand.
Of course, with a few of his kids, going back to AP at GSU, I'm sure it was a real short conversation, like "we don't win (bleep) without you."

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
??????:banghead:

For those interested in hearing the interview for themselves, it is available on the 680 the Fan website under Buck and Kincaide, Coach Paul Johnson with BnK,

http://www.680thefan.com/buck-kincade-audio/

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=87&c=673&f=6224603

Think you wanted this instead of the emoticon you used.

giphy.webp