CPJ names kick returners

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
he also blocked a number of punts hi school,let him rip

I’m interested to see his speed on the field. Chris Milton, another former 3 Star, blocked a ridiculous number of kicks and had one of my all-time favorite plays when he hawked nick Chubb on a long run/reception near the goal line in ‘14. A play or 2 later the dawgs fumbled. That hustle and speed paid off.

I also had to hear from a Dawg friend that Chubb looked injured on the play, refusing to believe that the almighty Chubb was not faster than everyone else on the field. Of course UGA fans know nothing about any player at Tech and Chris Milton went on to run a 4.35 at pro day. Chubb was fast but never close to sub 4.4.

Hard to hope for that kind of speed but maybe Askew can bring something close.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember when we were recruiting guys like Carpenter and Oliver and Henderson and Thomas and Showell, thinking to myself that there would be quite a few transfers just because there wasn't enough playing time to go around.

little did I realize Coach Johnson's master plan was to hire a defensive coordinator who was going to play three or four safety's every single play, LOL

So you're saying CPJ know who his new DC was going to be in 2016.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jaytlin Askew and Juanyeh Thomas

"Askew is a sophomore cornerback considered to be one of the fastest players on the team. "

@vamosjackets - could Jaytlin B Askew be the mysterious JB that Quon referred to in camp as the fastest guy on the team?

So we have a So and a Fr returning. I assume they are the best we have otherwise CPJ wouldn't have them starting (have we seen the two deep yet?). Hope they are phenoms.

But first, I hope they catch the ball.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
So we have a So and a Fr returning. I assume they are the best we have otherwise CPJ wouldn't have them starting (have we seen the two deep yet?). Hope they are phenoms.

But first, I hope they catch the ball.
We don't know for sure who is starting, and we may not know until right before TML. He named them as candidates.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
wow, lots of pressure on a true FR, hope it doesn't bite us in the butt
Are you worried about Alcorn St? I see this as an audition for Juanyeh at PR to see how he handles game action. Brad is a proven sure handed fallback plan. Last year CPJ said we tried other guys back there but they had trouble catching the ball. Sounds like Juanyeh has impressed in practice.