CPJ is da man, exhibit #112432

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Str8 jacked this from gtrower on TOS :cool:...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...lldogs-hopes-discretion-new-sec-transfer-rule

CPJ asked about the SEC's now-fangled, don't let felons transfer in-conference rule (inspired by the dawgs):
Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson scoffed when asked if the Atlantic Coast Conference should adopt a policy similar to the SEC's new transfer rule.

"We don't have that problem, I don't think," Johnson said. "We can't get them in school anyway. I've never had that problem accepting kids with serious misconduct problems."

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I kinda snickered when I first read about the rule, thinking "only the SEC would need such a rule." Most leagues don't have a lot of those in school to begin with. No other league has a coach the level of sleaziness of Saban, who would recruit Joseph Stalin if it would help him win.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
There are a lot of landing places for felons to play. With the Ray Rice video out, schools are now feeling more embarrassed about accepting them but as long as a player has a certain level of talent, they will always find a landing spot. The SEC has just been more obvious that football comes first and everything else comes second, but they aren't alone.. Didn't Bob Stoops damn near walk to mizzou to carry Dorel Green Beckham back to Oklahoma after being suspended a couple of times for weed and finally getting asked to leave after he assaulted his girlfriend's roommate? All you have to do is look at how welcoming Minnesota was in welcoming Adrien Peterson back yesterday. You would have thought he had been on a mission instead of a "suspension with pay". Gregg Hardy threw a woman on a bed full of guns, assaulted her and was convicted by a judge of such. He had no problem finding a new home and a 13 million dollar salary (prorated for any time suspended). When the NFL actually starts to care about violent felons, college programs will start to do likewise now a Jonathan Taylor getting kicked off UGA, may no longer go to BAMA but you better believe if he calls Bama St. or another smaller college, they will find a way. Talents is always given second, third and fourth chances...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, the biggest loser if that rule were to be implemented would be Louisville. Under Petrino, they have become the island of misfit toys, accepting any kid kicked out of any other program for any reason, so long as they are talented.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Honestly, the biggest loser if that rule were to be implemented would be Louisville. Under Petrino, they have become the island of misfit toys, accepting any kid kicked out of any other program for any reason, so long as they are talented.

Indeed. West Virginia too.