CPJ is ACC Coach of the Year

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well deserved. Classy response by him and true. As big of a fan as I am of him....our players are the ones most deserving of award. Too bad these same media morons neglected to honor them properly. Our guys will just have to go out and keep earning their awards with Ws....ACC championship here we come...

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Do they give D and O coordinator awards out? I only recall head coaches getting postseason awards but I am curious if anyone tries to evaluate and reward coordinators?

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I do not believe I have ever seen a Tech team reach its potential and beyond like this one has. Dodd's 1966 team was one of his favorites because they went way further than most thought they would but that team had more talent (for that time) than this team does. The 1990 team was somewhat of a surprise to national observers but it had loads of talent on both offense and defense. This team is, more than any other in living memory, a reflection of its coach and staff. The improvement on defense has been phenomenal and they have found ways to win that are truly breathtaking. Coach Johnson deserves all the accolades that may come his way. Fantastic job by him and the whole coaching staff. Watching this team has been more enjoyable that any since 1990 simply because it was all so unexpected.