cpj article

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good write-up overall. The author implies that the success or failure of CPJ is based on offense and overlooks D and ST. But we hired CPJ for his O and it's his program.

Thanks for the link.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We'll have two guys, at least, starting on the OL who have not played a game. It may be that getting back to basics is required.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
this guy used the same term i did the other day on here--double-down. and, i think that's exactly what CPJ is going to do this year. he wants to run the ball his way and i think the experiment with tailoring any bit of his O to the talent is over. the talent will run his O.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The great thing about "his" offense is that it's broad enough and flexible enough to "fit" the talent. If you look at the three different QB's GT has had over the six seasons, you'd see that he "tailored" his offense to their talents. If Vad were still here and maintained position as starting QB, he'd still be tweaking the system to fit Vad's skills.

He's not stupid. He's not going to force a square peg into a round hole. We all know he recommended to Renfree that GT wasn't going to be the best place for him. All of the QBs that have come in since have/had the capability of lighting it up in his system, and that includes Vad.