Court Blows Up NCAA Transfer Rules

slugboy

Staff member
Ironically, the NFL anti trust exemption carves out protections for high school and college football. The legislators of the day didn’t foresee today’s college football environment

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Oh well. I was hoping the NCAA might revisit the one-time free transfer rule to rein in the portal/tampering craziness...guess that's not happening.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Let's add more chaos to an already chaotic situation. There was always a thought that kids who've already transferred could be a "safe haven" for coaches. This blows it up. SAs will basically be 1 year rentals.

Hopefully, there will be a 1 year "non compete", or buyout clause, if/when schools have to pay salaries.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
What a mess.Truly a "rent-a-guy "situation now for almost EVERY yr. Education? my foot.It would be interesting to know if these "moving" guys EVER go to class.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Wrong. This garbage version of college sports we’ve seen the last 60 years has taken a blow. True college sports will hopefully emerge once the non-students go to whatever new paid for model emerges.
True college sports will emerge where every athlete is up to the highest bidder each year and there is no roster continuity? Yeah, go with that.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I figured one reason the NCAA wasn’t going back to the old transfer rule was because they were afraid of any new changes that could trigger more court challenges, but guess that wasn’t even necessary. Player unions + negotiated rules are the way out - nobody has told the pro leagues they can’t have salary caps or multi-year contracts, even without special congressional exemptions.