Countdown to Opening Day

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that is level-headed & accurate. I also think before any "new" season, fans fall into 2 big buckets:
1) Overly optimistic (to your points)
2) Overly pessimistic
Very few fall right in the middle. Seems to be "natural" for fans to think this way. Can't explain it either.

Another bucket are those who go from one extreme to another.

Currently witness our poor basketball fan brethren. That's what I'll try to stay away from this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Another bucket are those who go from one extreme to another.

Currently witness our poor basketball fan brethren. That's what I'll try to stay away from this year.
LOL...that basketball team will send you bouncing around like a yo-yo. Here's hoping the baseball team is more consistent...in a good way.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/tgw-no-backing-down/

According to these facts in this publication....starters will look like this.
OF: Murray, N.Wilhite, Co.Hall
1B: English
2B: Waddell
3B: Serratos
SS: A.Wilhite
C: McCann
DH: TBD
Fri: Curry
Sat: Thomas
Sun: TBD
Midweek: TBD
Closer: English/Hughes

I'd assume DH is Radcliffe.
I'd assume Sun goes to Hurter

No freshman breaking into lineup to start season, I guess.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Curry Friday night, Thomas Sunday night then straight from the mouth of Coach Hall :

"Sunday and midweek will be determined, but there are plenty of quality arms lined up to audition.

“We’ve got options,” said Hall. “Tristin English could be a Sunday guy. He’s our best hitter so he’s got to hit every day. So we’ll have to balance how we use him throwing-wise with what’s going on with him as a hitter. (Sophomore righty) Brant Hurter threw a lot last year midweek. (Transfer junior righty) Amos Willingham, who we recruited in, he has a chance to be in there on a Sunday, (rookie lefty) Luke Bartnicki, one of our freshmen, and (rookie righty) Cort Roedig, another freshman. So I think if we looked at those five, six guys, we’ll figure out who the three- and four-starters are going to be.”

“Our freshman class has brought in a lot of good pitchers,” said McCann. “We’re looking for them to come up and fill some shoes and just go out and compete.”

The bullpen also looks strong, even with the loss of dependable Jared Datoc. Hall points to redshirt junior righty Jonathan Hughes as the front-runner to close (English also could get a look), while senior righty Keyton Gibson also has thrown well this offseason."

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I see two freshman... Bartnicki and Roedig

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Love this lineup. I could see us putting Miller/Guldberg/Radcliffe at DH. I think Guldberg should be in Center unless N. Wilhite has really shown something with the bat in the offseason.