Could use some luck...

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty excited about your game tomorrow. Since Tech has had a down year I've been enjoying college football as a whole more. Fleck was a great hire and I see him doing great things with the program.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hated watching the Gophers just physically dominate us at every position, but respect the heck out of the way the fans and school were at the bowl game. Fleck has that team playing well, and they are not scared of any team.

Good luck against PSU. James Franklin can pound sand.

slugboy

Staff member
Franklin has built PSU into a solid team. Good luck!
(I think you’re in good shape and PSU underrates you)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Franklin has built PSU into a solid team. Good luck!
(I think you’re in good shape and PSU underrates you)
Keep your kids away from Ped St U. I hope Minn makes them go fer the parents instead. There’s not enough soap in the world to wash the stains off that program.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
FEI data for Minn and PSU

Minn
FEI: 11
OFEI: 11
DFEI: 13
SOS: 109

PSU
FEI: 9
OFEI: 20
DFEI: 10
SOS: 16

The biggest thing separating them is strength of schedule. The non opponent adjusted rank for Minnesota being fifth.

PSU has really struggled to move the ball the year, but they have had the third strongest opponent defense schedule. I assume it’ll be more of the same this week and the story of the game will be whether the Gophers offense will will be able to consistently score against the best defense they have faced this season (current defenses faced SOS for Minn being rank 93).

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
FEI data for Minn and PSU

PSU has really struggled to move the ball the year, but they have had the third strongest opponent defense schedule. I assume it’ll be more of the same this week and the story of the game will be whether the Gophers offense will will be able to consistently score against the best defense they have faced this season (current defenses faced SOS for Minn being rank 93).

Winner, winner, chickin' dinner. I think we will be able to put up some points...hopefully more than the other guys. It will rest on sticking to the run and getting some success...enough for some pass game to keep the chains moving. Receivers must catch the bullets coming at them. QB will be under extreme pressure.

Jmonty71

Banned
The #17 Gophers take on #4 Penn State this weekend in Minneapolis.

We'll take any good wishes from the GT faithful that come our way.

For what it's worth, you never know what a new coach, culture, system, and importantly recruiting will bring to a program. Here's wishing the same fortune to Tech in as soon as it appears to be coming our way. We're in Year 3 and things appear to be coming together.

Sill have to play the games though. November 2019 is our schedule gauntlet for this season, starting this weekend. 3 out of 4 games against well-ranked opponents a starting Saturday.

PSU fans think they will take us easily. Hope to prove them wrong. Good luck against Virginia.
I hope the Gophers win. Just like I hope LSU wins.. Anything to completely tear the current playoff system apart. It's going to take a SEC school missing the playoffs, in order for the NCAA to change it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Moved the GT coaching debate to “not about Minnesota”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am putting this here for public discussion if that's ok. A short while ago some one suggested that we create a single thread under which any discussion, positive or negative, about GT FB coaches past and present could be placed or moved. In this manner, all other threads could be kept on topic and not drift onto the numerous and wearisome coaching debates. I did not pursue it at the time but the idea was intriguing. It would require a bit of discipline on the part of everybody but seems manageable. Of course, all other rules and policies would apply to the "Coaching Mega Thread". Thoughts? We can move this into a private discussion if you prefer.