Could Bruce Jordan-Swilling play BB??

GTFLETCH

Banned
Has anyone heard if BJS will get a look at BB since Mills was dismissed??

While 247Sports has Jordan-Swilling ranked as an outside linebacker, Scout.com sees him as a running back at the next level:

"Jordan-Swilling will get offers to play running back and linebacker, but on offense is where we like him best. At running back, he really has a nice blend of power and finesse. He has quick feet and he do a little dancing in the hole to make defenders before getting to the second level. He really sees the field well and he has a great feel when to cut-back. He is a bigger back and he is not easy to tackle. He can get those extra yards after initial contact. He is a back who has the ability to stay on the field due to his size, ability, and productivity." Scout

Link
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2658379

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has 4 guys at BB that he's happy with. One guy might just have a higher ceiling than Dedrick (Jerry Howard). Why on earth would he take an Army All-American at one of our weakest defensive positions and move him to BB? I'm all for moving players to spots where the team and player would benefit, but this is not one those cases.

GTFLETCH

Banned
CPJ has 4 guys at BB that he's happy with. One guy might just have a higher ceiling than Dedrick (Jerry Howard). Why on earth would he take an Army All-American at one of our weakest defensive positions and move him to BB? I'm all for moving players to spots where the team and player would benefit, but this is not one those cases.

Here is what was said about our Army All American.... (call me crazy, but it sounds like they are talking RB, not LB)

"Jordan-Swilling has a nice blend of power and finesse. He has quick feet and really sees the field well. He can stay on the field due to his size, ability, and productivity. Jordan-Swilling runs hard with a big potential increase in balance."

Link
http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/player/bruce-jordan-swilling/

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think it's been stated that he's needed in the lb corp far more than he'd be needed at bb.
This might be true, I just did not hear that. I have heard that Brant Mitchell and Vic Alexander are starting or Jacob B.... I guess maybe BJS is starting at LB.. Thanks for setting me straight!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We have talent at BB, so we don't need him there. He would just sit on the bench instead of getting real reps at LB where he could make an impact.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If Coach took J-S away from Roof, I'm pretty sure he'd commit seppuku at the 50 yard line before the Fleabag game started. The young man may be starting by the end of the year and, as was just pointed out, has a 50K foot ceiling at LB.

We have plenty of good O players (although I'd really like to get one of them back). We are starting to get the same talent on D. No need to take even one step back from that goal.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here is what was said about our Army All American.... (call me crazy, but it sounds like they are talking RB, not LB)

"Jordan-Swilling has a nice blend of power and finesse. He has quick feet and really sees the field well. He can stay on the field due to his size, ability, and productivity. Jordan-Swilling runs hard with a big potential increase in balance."

Link
http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/player/bruce-jordan-swilling/

Great.

Not moving to BB and needed much more at LB at GT.

MountPGT1990

Banned
BJS won't move to Bback, but now that TM and LJ have passed MJ, I don't see why we wouldn't move MJ to Bback. Dude's a great RB and knows System, he just can't pass the ball. Take away his weakness and turn him loose as a Bback

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
That was just the take of the analysts from scout.com I've come to trust the coaching staff on evaluating players and putting them in the best position to succeed. I mean a lot of analysts thought Dedrick Mills would've been better served at linebacker.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
2 might have a higher ceiling than Dedrick. That's a scary thought.

wxl

Georgia Tech Fan
If I remember correctly, LB is where he preferred to play since he thinks that's where he has the best chance to get to the NFL and have a longer career. I'm pretty sure CPJ promised him and his Dad that he would be a LB.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I understand the depth at BB but BJS could be the best BB out of all of them.
He could, or one of the other freshmen could. Go look at his highligh tape and Ponchez-masons. I know it's highlight and a lot goes on besides that but he's every bit as impressive as BJS at running the ball.