Congrats Shamire, richly deserved

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Congrats! I could see him playing LT at the next level. Super nice respectful young man! Smart also.
You think? I think he's probably more of a RT. I don't think he has that elite quickness/kickstep for LT but he's plenty big/quick enough to be a mauler on the power side.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's been on NFL radars since he was a sophomore. He'll get an opportunity at the next level.

I've been high on him since I saw him erase All-Americans and NFL high round picks in the 2014 ACCCG. If you listen to Harrison Butker talk about how much more time he's able to spend working on football as opposed to always being tired physically and mentally because of the demanding environment at GT. You've got to wonder how much better Shamire will be once he can devote all of his time and attention to football as well. Scary thought.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
He's been on NFL radars since he was a sophomore. He'll get an opportunity at the next level.

I've been high on him since I saw him erase All-Americans and NFL high round picks in the 2014 ACCCG. If you listen to Harrison Butker talk about how much more time he's able to spend working on football as opposed to always being tired physically and mentally because of the demanding environment at GT. You've got to wonder how much better Shamire will be once he can devote all of his time and attention to football as well. Scary thought.

Yeah, here's my suspicion of what's happening with playing time for some guys.
1) Coaches make decisions about playing time based on practice performance
2) The guys in more demanding majors don't practice as well
3) So, those guys don't get as much playing time
4) When they do get to play on game day, they show out making fans wonder why they're not playing more.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I would add that in many cases if a player is injured - like Shamire was as a frosh - other players can come on board that were recruited by their position coaches, get to play, and do just fine. The player who has to sit out then ends up scrambling for playing time. Think Charles Perkins as an example.

This didn't happen with Shamire; he started a year, then got legitimately beat out for his position. Given the way Coach looks at this, it's an uphill battle to get back on the field. But this time, when the opportunity presented itself, the big guy was ready to perform and, Laws, has he ever. I said before the season that having both him and Jake Stickler ready for the field would make a difference for us and it has.

Thanks, Shamire! Oh, and get well soon Jake