Conference Realignment

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Except the crazy one represents YOU!! We are all the crazy one because none of us could beat them. The crazy one ran a train on all of us which is the goal. They are our Champion and we got screwed. Laugh now but when it happens to GT I will not be shocked or even whine because I see it coming. I can see us in 2025 going 10-2, beating UGA, and getting no invite because the committee uses a formula that says a game in week 3 we should have won by 14 instead of 10. Meanwhile Auburn goes 9-3 and gets an invite. This place would go nuts and I’ll be here reminding everyone that when a conference doesn’t back all schools then they won’t back you.
Your opinion may not be popular with some but it strikes me as realistic thinking. The SEC teams, and conference, back each other. All for one and one for all. The ACC, leadership and fans, act like we are too sophisticated to treat each other as family. But the “you’re all on your own” approach is why the ACC will never be respected nationally.

Something has got to change. I never liked FSU but I’ve become very sympathetic to the position the ACC has put them in. Leadership will spend a lot of energy now trying to keep FSU in the fold whereas a fraction of that energy advocating for conference members might have prevented this whole debacle.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC and fans turning the conversation into a Rodney Dangerfield nobody respects us bit is self-sabotaging. It shows the insecurity. It shows weakness.

Make it about injury and whether or not that should be a factor going forward. Push that narrative, ignore anyone who talks about other stuff. Thats what the SEC does - you bring up h2h records when the SEC didn’t win or such, they just ignore you and talk over you. Because it works.

Edit: dump on the PAC too while you’re at it. Washington ain’t been **** either, pound them on that. Sell the story.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I’ll be here reminding everyone that when a conference doesn’t back all schools then they won’t back you.
That's a two way street. FuSU is getting no support bc they spent this last year with a holier than thou attitude now that they have found their way out the wilderness. Hard to engender goodwill from your teammates when you've been giving them the finger all season. Best thing we can do for ourselves is beat them on the field of play and let the lawyers earn their keep in the courtroom.

But the “you’re all on your own” approach is why the ACC will never be respected nationally.
FuSU set themselves apart, then it bit them in the derriere. I stand by my assessment, ACC got shorted, but I'm fine with FuSU sleeping in the bed they've made in the ACC. If they want to payout and get out, life will go on. I don't think it goes well for them. Contract law is not terribly flexible at this level.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure where to file stupid opinions.
I got ya bro.

Jersey Shore Kobe GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The ACC and fans turning the conversation into a Rodney Dangerfield nobody respects us bit is self-sabotaging. It shows the insecurity. It shows weakness.

Make it about injury and whether or not that should be a factor going forward. Push that narrative, ignore anyone who talks about other stuff. Thats what the SEC does - you bring up h2h records when the SEC didn’t win or such, they just ignore you and talk over you. Because it works.

Edit: dump on the PAC too while you’re at it. Washington ain’t been **** either, pound them on that. Sell the story.
I agree that the ACC has been weak selling a narrative.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The ACC has never done GT a whole lot of favors, I did not like Swofford. I remember him in the ACC Championship game at the Georgia Dome. He was sitting in the Suite level above the GT section and was openly rooting for Duke. But, the ACC (at least for now) is still a P5 Conference with or without FSU. There is definitely a storm brewing, not only for the Conference but for all of College Football, I just hope GT is preparing for it. Even Sabin has recently come out publicly, stating something needed to be changed ...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My only comment in this is…how is this relevant to College Football?
The correlation is obvious...once you get at or to the top of the list, you win national champonships. Several of them. So the goal of a college program should be to be at the top of this list. ;)

slugboy

Staff member
I agree that the ACC has been weak selling a narrative.
Merry Christmas.

Regardless of FSU, the ACC does need to get its act together. We used to be the best basketball conference—at least as a brand. Sticking by your members is one of the basic premises of having a conference. We can be mad at FSU or another member, but we let them get pushed around just means the ACC gets pushed around as a conference

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
How do you guys think the SEC commissioner would have acted if he was heading the playoff selection committee and an SEC team had been left out? We had an SEC commissioner leading the NCAA for years and the guy spent more time promoting the SEC than he did actually solving the problems of CFB (which is why we’re in this NIL mess forced by a unanimous Supreme Court).

FSU has shot itself in the foot (publicly bitching about the ACC while needing to make an argument about your ACC heavy strength of schedule is counterproductive at the least). But FSU is not wrong that the ACC heads do not have the ACC’s interests in mind.

I don’t know what the current commissioner’s thinking is but in the past at least they’ve been far more driven by the needs and desires of the North Carolina institutions than all the rest of the teams put together.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t know what the current commissioner’s thinking is but in the past at least they’ve been far more driven by the needs and desires of the North Carolina institutions than all the rest of the teams put together.
We need a commissioner with the stones to tell the Tobacco Road Mafia to pound sand. I doubt Phillips is the guy. Funny that for so long, the ACC has been driven by the TRM basketball programs and now it's a ringleader of that bunch that wants out.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We need a commissioner with the stones to tell the Tobacco Road Mafia to pound sand. I doubt Phillips is the guy. Funny that for so long, the ACC has been driven by the TRM basketball programs and now it's a ringleader of that bunch that wants out.
‘m skeptical that that UNcheat actually wants out, they probably just want more money. The mercenary spirit of today runs thick.