Conference Realignment

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Bring it Noles. I don't think you have a leg to stand on, but if you do I hope you have a landing spot, else you could be writing your own obituary.

There have been rumors for years that the B1G has an open invite for FSU.

If FSU somehow breaks the GOR, those rumors will be tested. I think FSU is full of themselves, but I don't think they're foolish enough to go through all of tbis without a landing spot.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I would normally think that our game tonight's announcing would be dominated by the FSU thing. Hopefully Wes keeps things on track.

Otherwise, bring it, FSU. I hope there's some sort of punitive action that can be enacted against them for this, when it hopefully fails.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Trigger warning, lawyer answer.

It's not likely to happen. Venue will be a big issue, and contract law will require a reading of the actual contract, which FSU signed, willingly....

Their goal is more likely to continue to create press coverage hoping for an improved outcome in a buyout situation. I think the press coverage will continue, the improvement, however, will be modest.

Someone else here suggested the reality. If the rich boosters had the real money, they'd pay the buyout. They don't see the ROI of doing so, meaning the GOR is solid.
Corporate lawyers are for taking little people to court or helping get paperwork for the settlements that managers negotiate.

Before proceeding
Please read about PAC 12 """SETTLED"". thats on google.

The smart managers know tv money is getting tight.

not a lawyer but negotiated mega settlements

No body will do anything till the guy who passes out the brass hats is ready to attend the meeting.

First part of the meeting
is about "Their are only so many brass hats."
FSU and others to be named later will arrange a meeting with the balance of the acc, but attending with them will be the tv guys. ONLY tv guy says we are happy with the $$ put in and the games played by FSU and others as that is what we paid for in the accn contract. ANNOUNCES in the new contract we will be getting more tv money , but to those teams that SELF invest Tv guy will express that they have specific levels of dissatisfaction with the $$ put in and product provided by the balance. For Example Gt has only increased its bottom of acc donations by 10% while FSU has increased its Top of ACC donations by 250%. This is patently in violation of the past contract

tv guy will then dismiss FSU and others.
Then speaking to the remaining will address the method he proposes to address the disparity of product on the field. We will be having enough room larger tv money for 3 or maybe 5 other teams. Under no conditions will there be a league wide deal without conditons of $$ put in by each school. This additional tv money will be based on increased donations at each school.
At this point he will adjorn the " only so many brass hats" part of meeting is complete.

Now thats settled the remainder of this meeting will be about schedule. It seems simple - please note the level of donations by Clemson and FSU. We will now have A SERIES PRIVATE (no phones ) MEETINGS with ONE decision making representative of each university. A

Thank you for understanding the future is going to be different. ANOTHER MEETING WITH 5 TEAMS WILL BE HELD TO HAMMER OUT A DEAL .

PLEASE REFER TO THE 12/22 SETTLEMENT OF THE BLOWN UP PAC 12

The ACC was so weak that thier conference champ didnt make the playoffs. Bankruptcy comes slowly, then fast.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
There are limited seats available on a lifeboat; if you expect to survive, you do what you have to do to get in.

If the ACC is going down, FSU is willing to climb over every ACC school to get into a P2 conference.

Make sense. I don't like it, but it makes sense.

I'm also curious to see which conference is willing to let folks like this into their circle.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
I just can’t see that being reality. If it is, then I wonder if ESPN is secretly hoping to destabilize the ACC to cut its obligations to the ACC sooner rather than later.
I believe that there is a 2016 Amendment that has already been executed that extended the deal. If this is the quality of F$U's legal representation, then this will be ugly....

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If FL St. to BIG is true it means the Big 10 has eliminated the two biggest requirements/guidelines they have had for membership. Will be interesting to watch, FSU almost beginning to sound like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum.
Them, Clemson, Unc and da U were full of themselves at the beginning of the season. 3 of the 4 got what they deserved. FSU will get theirs 8/24.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
We all know there’s eventually only really going to be two conferences: The Fox Conference and the ESPN conference. At the end of the day, the SEC will the the basis for the ESPN conference and the Big 10 will be the basis for the Fox conference. How this all breaks apart between now and then, I don’t care. The ACC is going to break apart. Honestly, I just want to have a seat at one of the two tables, and I don’t see the SEC taking us. If Florida State goes to the Big10, I hope we can go with them.

That being said, I find myself in a position I never thought I’d find myself in: cheering for U[sic]GA in a bowl game. I hope F$U gets demolished 100-0.