Conference Realignment

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m not informed enough on this topic to be sure that I understand the full implications of what you are saying but it brings to mind the FSU and Clemson law suits.

Do you think FSU and Clemson were cognizant all along of larger sea changes and does this make their lawsuits more efficacious?
The $$ ( amount, increasing, decreasing ) of my clients determined what happened way more than the det a ils of our giant contract written years ago.

Now, imo, espn loves sec and is so so about the acc. But about the acc, I think espn wants to be close friends w Clemson and fsu who have internally generated lots of dollars to match thier cheap accn equal shared. Espn loves what they have done for accn and most important sees them as a solid piece for future tv deals. Espn is thinking 10 years out as well as now.

Imo, the lawsuit stuff is a necessary step to frame the agreement that will be reached. Imo, discussion, thru third parties , are on going.

FOR GT, I could live w a short term acc that got rid of wake and bc but added bigger named California and $$ up Smu.
Actually , i think a 1 year wind down period w schedule and payment set would force schools to count costs and self select based on need verses ability to accelerate internal $$.

I am biased ( please dont kill me ) but imo, the former person was right, when he brashly declared Gt is a sleeping giant. Given a year where we can keep improving our presntation of gt's renewed commitment to ' "gt lets roll athletics located in Atlanta, we will end up in a good place. The presentstion is for Fox, networks, Apple, etc.

Homer time:
Gt is a legendary football program, and besides, it has the most beautiful football uniforms and mascot.
Hiesman, Dodd, Broyles, Rice AWARDS, Nattys, Thriller Dome AND
YELLOW! JACKETS!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just saw you tube talker, who says UNTIL after march madness we will not hear espn speak. He said that the sneak in OF the crummy WEST COAST AND SMALL TEXAS schools by june was not viewed as a plus by espn.
I had hoped it was a positive w ND and ESPN who are the key player.

Talker guy feels that 8 teams should vote to renegotiate and let chips fall where they may. He thinks we would be wiser to get 12 to vote to play 24 and split revenue while other deals are assembled.

WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE 8 WIN SEASON.

(In 50 years of owning large epcm company, we always negotiated w our client = where the money comes from . Issues were negotiated - and we always got more work even if at reduced $ or under strict performance earned incentive program. The process built long term relationships
Survive and thrive.

I think Gt can make a great proposal.if it can accept incentive payments.

Its happening.
This guy is an FSU fanboy. These are his wet dreams.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yep, the same FSU fanboy. It's OK to ignore him.0
To me it is disturbing that there are so many people who believe that the FSU case will be decided based upon some fantasy land that they dream up. I have seen a couple of this guys videos, and he seems to just run with some "theory", but doesn't call it a theory. He just states the theory as fact and that it is the slam dunk that will win the case for FSU. I assume the one about the ACC "on the brink" has something to do with the theory that was posted on Twitter last year that 8 members can disband the ACC according to NC law. I looked up that NC law, and it does say that a majority vote can disband a non-profit in NC, except it says "unless" the non-profit constitution has a different requirement. Everybody just overlooks that.

His videos still show up on Youtube for me, but I haven't watched any more because I don't learn anything from them. I hear a lot of drivel and pure speculation, but no facts. That isn't very appealing to me, no matter if his position agrees with me or not. I enjoy reading and listening to people who disagree with me, IF they discuss facts and reasonable interpretations. It helps me form my opinions, and enforces or changes them. This guy just spews nonsense, which makes it entirely unwatchable to me. It would be the same way for someone similar who believed that the GOR will be upheld. I don't need for someone to agree with me. I just want reasonable, detailed discussions.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
To me it is disturbing that there are so many people who believe that the FSU case will be decided based upon some fantasy land that they dream up. I have seen a couple of this guys videos, and he seems to just run with some "theory", but doesn't call it a theory. He just states the theory as fact and that it is the slam dunk that will win the case for FSU. I assume the one about the ACC "on the brink" has something to do with the theory that was posted on Twitter last year that 8 members can disband the ACC according to NC law. I looked up that NC law, and it does say that a majority vote can disband a non-profit in NC, except it says "unless" the non-profit constitution has a different requirement. Everybody just overlooks that.

His videos still show up on Youtube for me, but I haven't watched any more because I don't learn anything from them. I hear a lot of drivel and pure speculation, but no facts. That isn't very appealing to me, no matter if his position agrees with me or not. I enjoy reading and listening to people who disagree with me, IF they discuss facts and reasonable interpretations. It helps me form my opinions, and enforces or changes them. This guy just spews nonsense, which makes it entirely unwatchable to me. It would be the same way for someone similar who believed that the GOR will be upheld. I don't need for someone to agree with me. I just want reasonable, detailed discussions.
IMO they are thinking they can get a settlement less than what is in the exit contract. Get the right judge and anything is possible in today's judicial system. FSU and Clemson leaving would basically gut ACC football for now.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
IMO they are thinking they can get a settlement less than what is in the exit contract. Get the right judge and anything is possible in today's judicial system. FSU and Clemson leaving would basically gut ACC football for now.
I suppose that is what FSU and Clemson are thinking. The Youtube, Twitter, and forum fans who spout nonsense are just acting like fans at a bar.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

The point of these videos is not to educate people but rather to generate clicks and advertising revenue.

My first clue that a "news" article doesn't actually contain facts is when the headline has selective ALL CAPS words to let you know of a MASSIVE story or whatnot.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
That guy is an idiot. His videos are total nonsense.
Don't know if he knows anything or not but it seems you guys are missing the core ingredient for what he is saying in the "This is the End" video. He's saying that a previously good source for him has said ESPN has told whoever they are supposed to notify that they will take their "opt out" that they have beginning in '27, so the ACC basically does not have a TV deal beginning in '27 if that is true. We'll see if he's right pretty soon I'm guessing. Rather than my trying to quote what else he says it might pay you folks to listen to the whole thing as it appears by many of the comments that they did not listen to it all or were not able to comprehend for some reason. If in fact ESPN is not exercising their extension beyond '27 a lot of what he says seems to make sense. If the ACC folding makes someone very emotional as I'm guessing it does with a number of people then if they're like me when I'm upset over something I don't look at the info very objectively. Again I don't know if he is right about the ESPN opt out thing or not, I originally was just responding to a previous posting about this using the YouTube video and asking if this was what they were talking about.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The point of these videos is not to educate people but rather to generate clicks and advertising revenue.

My first clue that a "news" article doesn't actually contain facts is when the headline has selective ALL CAPS words to let you know of a MASSIVE story or whatnot.
My understanding the only thing that could go away in '27 is the ACC Network and the additional revenue for the ACCN. That's the opt-out, not the whole contract. That's what I've been told.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I remember when CNN had to recalibrate their banners/kryons because they finally realized not everything is BREAKING NEWS.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If ESPN is unhappy with the ACC contract, why would this guy sitting in his garage in Florida be the person in the know? Are they chatting with him at the same time they are hinting about felony charges against his team?

Now why would you bring logic into a level 3 conspiracy theory in progress....

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Their lawyers are like me when I was a college student trying to score with the females at the student center. If my first line failed, I tried another, and another, and another, until at last I gave up or the target female decided it was time for her next class

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I'm not convinced that we're going to like the outcome for Georgia Tech (ie, anything other than membership in the Big 10).

But I'm ready to get this over with once and for all.