Condolences to Nuke

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Brothers & Sisters...
Please join me in sincere condolences to @GTNavyNuke & his family. His mother passed away on Monday.

In his honor, I suggest we dedicate every N.Wilhite "ninja" WALK during the ACCT to Nuke & family. You can join me [virtually] and raise your beverage of choice after each BB earned by Wilhite & collectively say, "To Nuke" ...or "To Hell with Georgia" or something nearly appropriate.

Take care Nuke... peace, brother!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks Fred. My Mom was 97 and lived a very full life. She traveled till 93 and did a dog sledding trip and camping out for 10 days in Upper Michigan / Canada at 91. Traveled the entire world (all continents and North Pole). The last 9 months have not been good being in hospice. So she is in a better place.

Hours after she passed, I came down with food poisoning. Really not a good day. Now dealing with siblings and taking care of the estate. All is pretty good, just have to deal with it as it comes. It's a good thing sometimes that we don't know what the future holds.

Yeah, my favorite player is Nick as people who have been in chat know. He has really come on this year. Watching him get a walk as a nine-hole hitter really has to mess up the pitcher's psyche. We have to enjoy this year since we don't know what the future holds.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thanks Fred. My Mom was 97 and lived a very full life. She traveled till 93 and did a dog sledding trip and camping out for 10 days in Upper Michigan / Canada at 91. Traveled the entire world (all continents and North Pole). The last 9 months have not been good being in hospice. So she is in a better place.

Hours after she passed, I came down with food poisoning. Really not a good day. Now dealing with siblings and taking care of the estate. All is pretty good, just have to deal with it as it comes. It's a good thing sometimes that we don't know what the future holds.

Yeah, my favorite player is Nick as people who have been in chat know. He has really come on this year. Watching him get a walk as a nine-hole hitter really has to mess up the pitcher's psyche. We have to enjoy this year since we don't know what the future holds.
Nuke, my grandmother sounds similar to your mom. She is 96 and just recently suffered a stroke. Till now she has been active and independent, living in a private apartment in a retirement village. Seeing those we love age can be difficult but I am glad you and the family have had time to collect the memories you shared together. I hope you find peace and solace in celebrating the time you had, and the lessons you learned from her. Sending you good vibes my friend.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm really sorry, Nuke, and send my heartfelt condolences. I'm glad to hear she lived life to the fullest as long as she could.
All the best to you and your family in this tough time.

Deleted member 2897

Such a good story and a reminder to us all to enjoy life and live it. Funerals can be so sad and depressing, but I hope because of how she lived her life you are able to approach it more as a celebration as best you are able.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Such a good story and a reminder to us all to enjoy life and live it. Funerals can be so sad and depressing, but I hope because of how she lived her life you are able to approach it more as a celebration as best you are able.

Thanks. We are approaching it as a celebration. She just plain wore out her body; the only thing I'm upset by is that the human body evolved to fail after procreation. She went well beyond that.

Here's the back story to the excerpt from her obit below. She was born with a silver spoon as the daughter of a founding VP of Westinghouse Electric. She fell in love with my Dad who didn't have any money and was disinherited after her Dad died. She never really complained about it but it went on about life as she wished.

"She was born July 7, 1921 in Manhattan, New York, daughter of Reginald and Bertha Mildon. She graduated from Connecticut College where she met her husband, Cecil Eugene Meree Jr (Bud). They were married in 1943 in Hingham, Massachusetts. She traveled the world with her husband for 33 years, as he served in the United States Coast Guard. Together, they had six children; ....... She was predeceased by her husband in August of 1989 while living in South Yarmouth Massachusetts.

In 1992, she started living at Heron Point in Chestertown, Maryland. She traveled extensively to all the major continents (Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America). Some highlights included finishing school and dressage at the Sorbonne in Paris, living in Naples Italy, the North Pole on a working scientific expedition vessel, attending the Danish Royal Needlework School, dog sledding in Northern Minnesota, Tibet, Falkland Islands and fluency in five languages. She loved her family and enjoyed the time she spent with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was an Embroiderers Guild of America (EGA) Master Craftsman and Judge; and her work was included in several well-known exhibitions. Her volunteer work in the Episcopal Church, environmental and military societies is too numerous to list."

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Really sorry for your loss Nuke. I lost my mom at 52 to diabetes. Way to soon but she suffers no more. Sounds like your mom lived life to the fullest!