Commitment to basketball success

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
OMG - if that is truly the case I am beyond apoplectic
I can actually understand Braine's thinking on putting Hewitt's contract together. This decision - if true - by Radaman is unbelievable. My only doubt is I can't believe Clemson would hire him if they knew this was one of his decisions. God knows I wouldn't.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can actually understand Braine's thinking on putting Hewitt's contract together. This decision - if true - by Radaman is unbelievable. My only doubt is I can't believe Clemson would hire him if they knew this was one of his decisions. God knows I wouldn't.

LazyAD was lazy and didn't give af about hoops.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
Bobby was successful because he spent almost all his time on one or two players each year. H3e also started on them very young. Since they could not leave for the NBA he was able to put great teams together. He could sell ice to Eskimos, but he still lost quite a few - Abdul-Rahim and the center from Savannah come to mind. When players could leave early, the desire to be students left the outstanding ones, the recruiting one or two per year no longer worked and Bobby had to change his ways. That did not work out as well.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Bobby was successful because he spent almost all his time on one or two players each year. H3e also started on them very young. Since they could not leave for the NBA he was able to put great teams together. He could sell ice to Eskimos, but he still lost quite a few - Abdul-Rahim and the center from Savannah come to mind. When players could leave early, the desire to be students left the outstanding ones, the recruiting one or two per year no longer worked and Bobby had to change his ways. That did not work out as well.

Al Harrington?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Was it drad or was it just hewitt's decision?
Not really sure what you're asking. It was Paul's decision to stay or go, just like any coach.

That said, their reasons for wanting to leave or ultimately stay can be influenced.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anybody "knows", not even myself. I got one side of the story. But the anecdotes, including supposed quotes from DRad to convince Hewitt to stay and ultimately what was shared at his termination, are Gregorian.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
LazyAD was lazy and didn't give af about hoops.

No argument about that but he did care about his balance sheet and sending Hewitt to NY got rid of a huge liability. Easy to spend less and keep everyone happy

Beyond idiotic decision even if he didn’t know we had a basketball team

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No argument about that but he did care about his balance sheet and sending Hewitt to NY got rid of a huge liability. Easy to spend less and keep everyone happy

Beyond idiotic decision even if he didn’t know we had a basketball team

Lazy at figuring out finances also.