Commissiong suspended

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Possibly not when you were there but I know for a fact there was at least one football player on my dorm floor from whose room you could smell suspicious smoke back in 1984.
Lol. Team Smoked it all the time in the late 90s under gol. Hallway was like a rasta party.

Animal02

Banned
Possibly not when you were there but I know for a fact there was at least one football player on my dorm floor from whose room you could smell suspicious smoke back in 1984.

Was on the housing paint crew early 80's ....we painted the "football dorm" (Field) over the Christmas break...we used oil paint in the halls, you we would open rooms / windows to vent. One room...obvious FB player, had a purplish light coming from the wardrobe.....had grow lights and a crop growing............

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm don't care about whether or not certain laws should be changed or who on here has or hasn't done something. My only concern is that these guys have already seen the consequences of not following known GTAA regs yet some continue to make bad choices/decisions. At this rate I'm getting concerned about being able to field a healthy & productive team on Aug 30th. :(

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I'm new to this site, so I don't know if you already stated this but what does violation of student athlete conduct mean?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
33 is right - i was in school in late 90's and friends with a few players. Some of the fan favorites smoked up all the time.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
In 5 years (maybe less), I think this will be a non-issue. The NCAA already said something along the lines of "we have determined marijuana is not a performance enhancing substance" or STTE over these past few months. I would assume they did so in preparation for the inevitable failed marijuana test in Colorado or Washington, where it's legal for everyone else who isn't a NCAA athlete to smoke the stuff. (Which would be just another issue to be used against the NCAA in class actions suits ---- "see they treat us differently from the rest of the students...we should be paid like the employees we are".)

With Colorado estimating annual taxation of $125 million per year on cannabis sales, you can bet that this "pot of gold (or green, if you will) at the end of the tax rainbow" will cause more & more states to put legalization on the ballot. Within 5 years, I would think it will be prevalent enough that the NCAA won't ask for drug testing for marijuana anymore. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within 2 years.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Did you guys know we had a coach who cheated on his exams at Tennessee and gambled excessively?
And, IIRC, he did not graduate. But that was as a "student" at Tennessee (Fulmer town). Back then any good old boy like Forrest Gump was welcome in the SEC if he had special athletic skills. Oh, wait...did I say back "then"? That coach, btw, grew up and went on to fame and fortune (like Forrest Gump) so if the end justifies the means...

Just kidding along with ya. ;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And, IIRC, he did not graduate. But that was as a "student" at Tennessee (Fulmer town). Back then any good old boy like Forrest Gump was welcome in the SEC if he had special athletic skills. Oh, wait...did I say back "then"? That coach, btw, grew up and went on to fame and fortune (like Forrest Gump) so if the end justifies the means...

Just kidding along with ya. ;)

There was also the time just after he became coach that there was a celebration party at a home and the players had some champagne. Times used to be different.

Later on another coach lied about his experience and was in the dog house for a few years. But he paid his penance and is back as good as ever.