Collins says players have 'chip on their shoulder'

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
ok? they expect to compete. who cares? they have the same record against uga as we do and they have significantly more money and fan support.

no georgia tech team the last 25 years could have played with this years uga team. they were that good on defense and abused literally everyone they played other than bama. that is not a 404/waffle house issue as much as you seemingly want it to be.

no one is ok with that or wants it to be that way but unfortunately that’s just reality right now and it’s gonna be regardless of who the coach is

also they may not have been on top for a long time like bama but they have been right up there since 2017 and don’t look to be going anywhere any time soon. we all hate uga but we can’t deny they are at the very top of college football
"seemingly want it to be". LOL.

JacketFan137

Banned
"seemingly want it to be". LOL.
i mean you mentioned it like it’s remotely relevant to what uga has done to us. the games in 2017 and 2018 weren’t remotely competitive either and that was with a better team/coach.

you can any given sunday everything and pretend like there’s always a chance but after kirby’s first year they’ve pretty much handled everyone on their schedule that isn’t in the national title picture. barring some extraordinary circumstances it will likely stay that way for a while.

uga isn’t the measuring stick anymore unfortunately and it’s probably not gonna be feasible to beat them any time soon

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
ok? they expect to compete. who cares? they have the same record against uga as we do and they have significantly more money and fan support.

no georgia tech team the last 25 years could have played with this years uga team. they were that good on defense and abused literally everyone they played other than bama. that is not a 404/waffle house issue as much as you seemingly want it to be.

no one is ok with that or wants it to be that way but unfortunately that’s just reality right now and it’s gonna be regardless of who the coach is

also they may not have been on top for a long time like bama but they have been right up there since 2017 and don’t look to be going anywhere any time soon. we all hate uga but we can’t deny they are at the very top of college football
I mean when you had 8 nfl level players come back on one side I'd imagine not many teams could keep up but even then if bama didn't have 2 WR's get injured then we may be talking a different story. Think about that.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
i mean you mentioned it like it’s remotely relevant to what uga has done to us. the games in 2017 and 2018 weren’t remotely competitive either and that was with a better team/coach.

you can any given sunday everything and pretend like there’s always a chance but after kirby’s first year they’ve pretty much handled everyone on their schedule that isn’t in the national title picture. barring some extraordinary circumstances it will likely stay that way for a while.

uga isn’t the measuring stick anymore unfortunately and it’s probably not gonna be feasible to beat them any time soon
Teams like Auburn and Florida always have a punchers chance against them. We currently do not. The biggest mysteries in our game currently is whether we will score at all or keep the margin under 45 points. They are a great program right now but if we can't even rise to the level of having any chance at all then im not sure why we would keep playing them.

JacketFan137

Banned
Teams like Auburn and Florida always have a punchers chance against them. We currently do not. The biggest mysteries in our game currently is whether we will score at all or keep the margin under 45 points. They are a great program right now but if we can't even rise to the level of having any chance at all then im not sure why we would keep playing them.
you can call it a punchers chance but look at the score lines and you’ll quickly see that is incorrect. uga is beating all those teams by 2+ scores more often than not. whether or not we should keep playing them is a genuine discussion at this point as that game is doing less and less for both schools. aside from filling our stadium every other year there’s not much to gain.

all we can do is make sure the guy we bring in next can recruit well like collins’ 2020 class or better, but sustain it over multiple years and hopefully some of those players turn into something really special like justin thomas, nesbitt, demaryius etc.

we’ve beaten them 3 times this century so this is not exactly a new thing either

JacketFan137

Banned
I mean when you had 8 nfl level players come back on one side I'd imagine not many teams could keep up but even then if bama didn't have 2 WR's get injured then we may be talking a different story. Think about that.
and those were the only really competitive games they played all year. the clemson game was the most lopsided 10-3 beat down i’ve seen. i think if they were still playing clemson wouldn’t have crossed the 50 yet lol

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
Fla / Aub / Tenn expect to compete. They are not " penciled in wins " Its not like UGA has been on top for years like BAMA. The pic on my account is from 2016. Y'all have to figure out what you are ok with as fans. The 404 / Waffle House stuff has run its course. Proof is in the Win / Loss column. Hopefully this year will be better.
Amen!

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
and those were the only really competitive games they played all year. the clemson game was the most lopsided 10-3 beat down i’ve seen. i think if they were still playing clemson wouldn’t have crossed the 50 yet lol
But that showed how insane clemson's defense was I belive they were better cause they we're playing an average of 40-45 minutes a game. Mutts were not doing that.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck

UGA vs GT game has meaning. This is one of the oldest rivalry in college football. We all have a opinion. I just want to watch competitive games. And no injuries :)

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
you can call it a punchers chance but look at the score lines and you’ll quickly see that is incorrect. uga is beating all those teams by 2+ scores more often than not. whether or not we should keep playing them is a genuine discussion at this point as that game is doing less and less for both schools. aside from filling our stadium every other year there’s not much to gain.

all we can do is make sure the guy we bring in next can recruit well like collins’ 2020 class or better, but sustain it over multiple years and hopefully some of those players turn into something really special like justin thomas, nesbitt, demaryius etc.

we’ve beaten them 3 times this century so this is not exactly a new thing either
I doubt you believe what you are saying. The Florida team that beat UGA by 16 in 2020 now has no chance to even compete with them? The Auburn team that beat Ole Miss and Arkansas by double digits last year and nearly beat Alabama had no chance against UGA and will have no chance going forward? Come on man.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Ironic, since not being competitive with UGA and Clemson has been a large part of the justification given for wanting CPJ out and to go away from the option.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
UGA's offense managed 3 points, calling this a lopsided beatdown is hilariously inaccurate. Like being the tallest midget in the room, saying its the most lopsided 10-3 beatdown ever means absolutely nothing.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
UGA vs GT game has meaning. This is one of the oldest rivalry in college football. We all have a opinion. I just want to watch competitive games. And no injuries :)
Sadly, the “meaning” is that we begin every season with an “L” already penciled in.

JacketFan137

Banned
UGA's offense managed 3 points, calling this a lopsided beatdown is hilariously inaccurate. Like being the tallest midget in the room, saying its the most lopsided 10-3 beatdown ever means absolutely nothing.
clemson didn’t score a point in 9 drives. 4/10 drives they gained 1 yard or less. they crossed the uga 40 twice.

i get you disagree with literally everything i say at this point, but yes this was a lopsided beat down

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
clemson didn’t score a point in 9 drives. 4/10 drives they gained 1 yard or less. they crossed the uga 40 twice.

i get you disagree with literally everything i say at this point, but yes this was a lopsided beat down
Dude, just stop. Both teams scored only a field goal on a single drive each. They were within 80 yards of offense of each other.

You sound like Geoff calling everything elite.