Collins says players have 'chip on their shoulder'

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If he wants to see GT succeed what he should be doing is nothing but recruiting. Leave the practice sessions to the real coaches. Let Long run the offense and let Tillman run the defense. It’s that simple. Any coaching or preseason prep by Collins should be ignored. We saw in full view what Collins was capable of in game 1 last year.
We can agree to disagree. I’m willing to reserve judgement this year until after Game 6, unless it gets out of hand.

I think if he doesn’t have a heavy hand in the defense, he won’t survive, regardless. I think he chose his Hill to stand on and it may be the Hill he dies on. Time will tell.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Can someone explain how Key and Turner function as Assistant Head Coaches at GT vs Long, Thacker and Tillman?

The comment above about Long and Tillman running offense/defense is partly what triggered my confusion. I just read an sbnation article that basically said the titles are sometimes driven by what salary is required to bring someone in and head coaches have leeway to define roles and seniority. Hope I’m not hijacking the thread, seems relevant to understand Collins’ organization.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
To
That’s part of his job. Other than ACC Media Week (purpose of which is to talk to the media), he hasn’t really talked much.
This actually is true. We have heard very little from him this off-season. At this point we need to accept that he is going to sound like a used car salesman whenever he gives an interview- that is just who he is. We don’t need to make up imaginary faults for him, and for this year at least, talking to the media too much has not been a problem

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
If he wants to see GT succeed what he should be doing is nothing but recruiting. Leave the practice sessions to the real coaches. Let Long run the offense and let Tillman run the defense. It’s that simple. Any coaching or preseason prep by Collins should be ignored. We saw in full view what Collins was capable of in game 1 last year.
leave it to thacker?? You saw what happened last year right

JacketFan137

Banned
Stop talking.
yeah he should just go to acc media day and stare deadpan into the camera. completely oblivious to questions being asked. laser focused on the season. do not answer a single question because that’s what the enemy wants us to do. they want you fulfilling your media obligations. they don’t want you grinding. working hard in the shadows. if collins was truly dedicated he would have sent in an animatronic collins so he could watch film the whole time. maybe that would finally be the point he could prove to us that he TRULY cares about football and not running his mouth while wearing skinny jeans.

JacketFan137

Banned
if you kept up with college football at all and were aware of rules you would know this is actually a recruiting dead period in college football and you aren’t supposed to be making contact right now

GT33

Helluva Engineer
if you kept up with college football at all and were aware of rules you would know this is actually a recruiting dead period in college football and you aren’t supposed to be making contact right now
Our recruiting's been dead. We're running the same scheme as everybody else now with Paul Johnson level or worse recruiting results. We have neither a scheme nor a recruiting advantage any more. National Championships on the way no doubt with that eliteness!

JacketFan137

Banned
Our recruiting's been dead. We're running the same scheme as everybody else now with Paul Johnson level or worse recruiting results. We have neither a scheme nor a recruiting advantage any more. National Championships on the way no doubt with that eliteness!
what are you even saying man this is sad lol

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... or game 1 in 2019 ??? Both had clock management issues.

Granted, not the only games that have had that issue.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
what are you even saying man this is sad lol
You are paying attention to how we're doing, right? We've sunk to Vandy and Dook levels. The pro scheme was supposed to result in recruiting elite talent. Yeah, we're elite compare to North Elinoy and West Cackalacky but we're supposed to be kicking Dook, Vandy and Wake's butts right now & it ain't looking good.

Attachments

• 7968B8C3-2480-4B22-AFFB-5C22AC949D9D.jpeg
    7968B8C3-2480-4B22-AFFB-5C22AC949D9D.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 3B3955FF-6A14-4C6D-B6D2-7077117C7286.jpeg
    3B3955FF-6A14-4C6D-B6D2-7077117C7286.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 29

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
You are paying attention to how we're doing, right? We've sunk to Vandy and Dook levels. The pro scheme was supposed to result in recruiting elite talent. Yeah, we're elite compare to North Elinoy and West Cackalacky but we're supposed to be kicking Dook, Vandy and Wake's butts right now & it ain't looking good.
I mean we had some elite talent transfer but before this season look at the other rankings

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So you telling me he can’t talk to high school coaches or assistants? You telling me he can’t get in his car and drive all over this state getting in with the people who help the players make decisions? Do you know there is more to recruiting than talking to players right? Some of you are so ignorant or naive (not necessarily you) about how things really get done. Who is GT’s go to man in Valdosta, Thomasville, Albany, Columbus, Savannah, or wherever? Collins unofficial network isn’t restricted from squat right now. I’m in south Georgia and I know for a fact that bagmen from Auburn, FSU, and UGA are all over school campuses during these summer practices. Sure, Collins can’t call a player but there is nothing to stop him from rolling up to the Lee County athletic complex in the Wreck as the team walks from the weight room to the field. See, these are things that the real programs do 24/7 even during dead periods. But I’m sure Collins game planning for Clemson will do wonders like it did against NIU.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I mean we had some elite talent transfer but before this season look at the other rankings
2022 we were 52!!!! You won't believe this but in 2021 we were 48th!!!! We killed it in '21 recruiting. I'm not sure we've ever had a 3 year run so good. Whoa Nellie, hang onto your hats.

Attachments

• 58BB76A6-AAB5-4997-A7CB-42516F4248BC.jpeg
    58BB76A6-AAB5-4997-A7CB-42516F4248BC.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2119BC09-D025-49F4-876F-45353FDE2EEF.jpeg
    2119BC09-D025-49F4-876F-45353FDE2EEF.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 6

JacketFan137

Banned
So you telling me he can’t talk to high school coaches or assistants? You telling me he can’t get in his car and drive all over this state getting in with the people who help the players make decisions? Do you know there is more to recruiting than talking to players right? Some of you are so ignorant or naive (not necessarily you) about how things really get done. Who is GT’s go to man in Valdosta, Thomasville, Albany, Columbus, Savannah, or wherever? Collins unofficial network isn’t restricted from squat right now. I’m in south Georgia and I know for a fact that bagmen from Auburn, FSU, and UGA are all over school campuses during these summer practices. Sure, Collins can’t call a player but there is nothing to stop him from rolling up to the Lee County athletic complex in the Wreck as the team walks from the weight room to the field. See, these are things that the real programs do 24/7 even during dead periods. But I’m sure Collins game planning for Clemson will do wonders like it did against NIU.
yeah great idea. nothing turns around a program like blatantly giving your program recruiting violations. he can still text, and email but he can’t visit in person, but no let’s really make the collins era last forever by allowing him to leave us a slew of sanctions as a parting gift.

also i’m glad those schools have bag men. unfortunately our school does not. we have people that regularly cry on here about how collins is getting paid too much when he’d be like the 13th highest paid coach in the sec. do the math buddy if people are scared of paying a coach 3 mil where do you think the bag men are coming from?

the last point is actually so ridiculous it doesn’t even need addressing. get over yourself and support the team

JacketFan137

Banned
137 days til signing day and this man is posting the recruiting rankings.

you’re also ignoring that we took smaller classes in 21/22 because we tried our hand at the portal. that’s a lot to keep up with i don’t blame you for missing it

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
also i’m glad those schools have bag men. unfortunately our school does not. we have people that regularly cry on here about how collins is getting paid too much when he’d be like the 13th highest paid coach in the sec. do the math buddy if people are scared of paying a coach 3 mil where do you think the bag men are coming from?

The typical Gt fan I am convinced is a "self aware, savvy" consumer (and possibly a 16% chance of being a "millionaire") who will withhold a $100 contribution until things get better.

JacketFan137

Banned
The typical Gt fan I am convinced is a "self aware, savvy" consumer (and possibly a 16% chance of being a "millionaire") who will withhold a $100 contribution until things get better.
and unfortunately this gives us the endless cycle we are stuck in until collins is canned. no one wants to spend money on a losing team and a losing team can’t take the next step without people spending money. hopefully collins turns it around and inspires the money to come in but i doubt it happens and it’s gonna be the first task for the next regime

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
and unfortunately this gives us the endless cycle we are stuck in until collins is canned. no one wants to spend money on a losing team and a losing team can’t take the next step without people spending money. hopefully collins turns it around and inspires the money to come in but i doubt it happens and it’s gonna be the first task for the next regime
I read this board frequently (duh!) and think people oversimplify things. Our problems are bigger than our current HC sadly enough. The real problems are obvious and sacrificing another body at the alter like we did with the previous two guys won't change the systemic issues that plague us.