Collins Is The Answer

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yep - I said it. After tonight - proves it

While I have been patient and willing to give our staff time .I don't think conclusions can be drawn from one game (remember NIU?). With that being said, I am unsure how anyone can't look at the last two games and see a very positive trendline for this program. In our athleticism. In coaching. Pretty much across the board in most everything THAT MATTERS*. We haven't looked good** in all 3 phases of the game in so long I struggle to recall exactly when that was.

* - I know some will still dislike the uniforms, choice of songs, or the coach's wardrobe, or the press conferences.
** Disclaimer - the word "good" was used deliberately instead of "perfect". Still plenty of opportunity for growth and improvement.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I LOVED the uniforms, we should wear them from now on. We’ve shed the Gold and White we don when we look inept and clueless and and wear the 100% navy for confidence points.

And personally, I HATE the white home jerseys.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The truth is the same today as it was 2 years ago, and 2 weeks ago.

When his 2nd recruiting class are upper classmen, you will be able to make an evaluation. You guys kicked a good teams tail last night. A bad team kicked your tail 2 weeks ago (3?).

it's never as good or bad as it seems.

At very least, Collins has probably, in the last 2 weeks, earned enough rope so that regardless of what happens the rest of the season, he's likely going to be able to see out his experiment, one way or the other.

I am VERY curious to see how it plays out over the next 2 years.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
That is right up there with the poster who said "Give Collins an extension because he landed a 4 star DT" Or some other nonsense.

He gets one upset and he is the answer? Come on! He may be but it is way to early and he needs to prove all those stupid losses are behind him.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

When his 2nd recruiting class are upper classmen, you will be able to make an evaluation. You guys kicked a good teams tail last night. A bad team kicked your tail 2 weeks ago (3?).

At very least, Collins has probably, in the last 2 weeks, earned enough rope so that regardless of what happens the rest of the season, he's likely going to be able to see out his experiment, one way or the other.

We dont have the funds to move on even if this is just a positive blip. We are stuck with him for at least 2 more years. Hopefully they are good and he stays for along time and turns into Dabo

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

I’ve enjoyed the entire process since we hired Collins because it is rare to see a team, let alone your team, start basically fron scratch. That’s what Collins hired into. It’s been fascinating. Years 1 and 2 were about recruiting and marketing. Both have been hugely successful as recruiting is outstanding and the 404 stuff has taken hold. Year 3 was about starting to show it on the field. NIU was a total disaster and Collins had the blame laid at his feet as it should have been. Last night we finally saw the positive. The rest of this year is going to be interesting to watch. Can Collins build on it or will Narduzzi, Bronco, Fuentes, and Kirby teach him some more lessons? I can see the talent level has taken a huge step forward so the days of getting blasted should be over. But, the coaching question still remains regarding close games and game management. Last night it wasn’t an issue because Sims kept us 2 plus scores ahead the entire 2nd half. The month of October will set the tone moving forward. I’m just happy for the players to have a good win to sleep on now.