Collins embraces outgoing seniors...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Collins is a straight marketing genius. Not only that, he’s seem genuine as well. The guy always is a step ahead of anyone in interviews and is an elite motivator as well. Everything he does seems calculated for improvement of the brand.
It's like Jack Sparrow. "Do you think he plans it all out or just makes it up as he goes along?"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Class act glad he is OUR coach

I get that some had reservations about Collins, and all the hype and marketing that he came in with, but it's hard not to love what he's trying to do with current and former players. Seems he's working hard to make it a family atmosphere that's inclusive for guys who have come through and put sweat and blood equity into our program.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You truly do not see this type of dynamic very often, if ever, at schools.

There is always lip service about reconnecting former players to programs, but when the rubber meets the road the new HC invariably feels pressured to move on to his remaining S/As.

But actually, these SRs that will no longer be playing have a wealth of knowledge about how things can be improved. And it is very smart to tap into that now.

I am impressed and growing to like what is happening every day. Now if he would just line up in the flex bone and run a TO on the first play against Clemson I will be ecstatic.....throw em a loop. By the way, where can you get one of those 404 hats?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins is a smart guy. In most things you do, connections and relationships are important. You never know who might end up in a position to help you out or hurt you in the future. Just look at our new staff; whether they were coming from North Texas or Bama, they wanted to work for Coach Collins either due to personal experience with him or due to his reputation as a good coach and good boss.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I am impressed and growing to like what is happening every day. Now if he would just line up in the flex bone and run a TO on the first play against Clemson I will be ecstatic.....throw em a loop. By the way, where can you get one of those 404 hats?

Actually, I'd rather see him line us up in the broken I, motion the slot to TB and run the friedgin sprint option. (the goose is loose play)

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like a very calculated move but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. With Collins, everything is planned and though out, and he has the foresight.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It seems like a very calculated move but I'm not saying that's a bad thing. With Collins, everything is planned and though out, and he has the foresight.

Well, you can't necessarily sell "family" to recruits and players when you give ex GT players who have sacrificed blood and sweat for the program the cold shoulder, can you?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Collins is a smart guy. In most things you do, connections and relationships are important. You never know who might end up in a position to help you out or hurt you in the future. Just look at our new staff; whether they were coming from North Texas or Bama, they wanted to work for Coach Collins either due to personal experience with him or due to his reputation as a good coach and good boss.

this will translate to more and better recruits.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Well, you can't necessarily sell "family" to recruits and players when you give ex GT players who have sacrificed blood and sweat for the program the cold shoulder, can you?

which brings up the point. did we have any other coaches do this or similar? AND will this carry forward to next years seniors etc as well?

it should!