College World Series

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
What was O'Connell thinking in the bottom of the 9th for UVA. Why in the world would he pitch to Honeycutt with 2 outs and a man on 3rd? He is UNC's most clutch hitter by far and his run means nothing. Just give him the intentional walk which gives you a force at 2nd anyway and pitch to the next batter. Pitching to Honeycutt, especially after falling behind 2-0 has to be the dumbest move I have ever seen O'Connell make. Of course Honeycutt gets a hit and knocks in the winning run. That's all the kid has done for the past month or so.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Watching the ut game and not sure fsu is going to be allowed to win. here comes the f’d up strike zone. seen this happen to GT a lot

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I fell asleep, what happened?
Ut batter struck out. Both umps missed it. Pitch or two later tied the game. Earlier ut batter had struck out, HR a couple pitches later.

I really hate the ut coach prancing around like a little ***** and the umps bending over for him. I don’t watch them often, but it always happens and he starts getting calls going his way.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Ut batter struck out. Both umps missed it. Pitch or two later tied the game. Earlier ut batter had struck out, HR a couple pitches later.

I really hate the ut coach prancing around like a little ***** and the umps bending over for him. I don’t watch them often, but it always happens and he starts getting calls going his way.
Thanks, GT33. I fell asleep with F$U up late and saw that this AM and thought WTH! We’ll see if the Vawls get some SEC home cookin’ out in Omaha. I sure hope not.

BTW, did I see you’re down in FL now? How long has that been? You were in ATL back when CCG was around and we were going to practices and signing days, right?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Exactly GT33. Early in a game the coach and bench players were yelling at the ump on a strike call against Christian Moore. Then Moore homered snd on the way to first and turned his head, called out the plate umpire and rhe ump did nothing about it. This gave me the feeling that UT would receive favorable calls the whole game. No place for this kind of behavior in baseball by UT and the umps to accept it, especially college ball.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, GT33. I fell asleep with F$U up late and saw that this AM and thought WTH! We’ll see if the Vawls get some SEC home cookin’ out in Omaha. I sure hope not.

BTW, did I see you’re down in FL now? How long has that been? You were in ATL back when CCG was around and we were going to practices and signing days, right?
Think you got me confused with someone else. Business brings me to and thru Atlanta often so maybe it just sounds lije I live in Midtown. I try to run my business around GT sports schedule. Doesn’t always work but it’s nice to have a Friday morning meeting for a weekend baseball series or right before a Saturday football game. Basketball is tough to accommodate with so many weekday games. Rest of the time it’s about 3 hrs from my front porch to the GT campus. Car, flight, Marta and reverse course when it’s time to leave. Thankfully I now have means to do what I want when I want to do it. Earlier in my career was rubbing two nickels together hoping the car started.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
First round games gave us four 1-run games. UNC, UT, UK, and TAMU got off to the fast start. F$U, UVA, and NCSU have to dial in now. No quick exits.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Like clockwork. unc gets close strikeout called a ball, batter ends up walking, then after what would have been the 3rd out comes a 3 run HR. flip to top half of inning, 2 pitches further off the plate get called strikes and instead of bases loaded 1 out the rally gets killed. They need to get to electronic ball/strike calls. Too many big game swings riding on umps that can't keep up with the speed of the game.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Wow, home plate ump yanks himself out from behind the plate. Never seen that happen but he was definitely having issues calling balls and strikes. Better to yank yourself than to stay back there and continue to screw the game up. Not fair to the players. Kudos to that ump. Vast majority wouldn't even think of it.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I missed that. Did he really do it because he kept screwing up? Usually an umpiring crew has a crew chief, could he have been the one to yank the guy behind the plate? I know the announcers receive Trackman data real time during the game and are able to confirm if ball/strike calls are accurate. Could the umps also receive that data and could that have been the reason for the change?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I missed that. Did he really do it because he kept screwing up? Usually an umpiring crew has a crew chief, could he have been the one to yank the guy behind the plate? I know the announcers receive Trackman data real time during the game and are able to confirm if ball/strike calls are accurate. Could the umps also receive that data and could that have been the reason for the change?
I turned in late, but announcers said he'd taken a shot to the head in the 2nd. That plus the heat, plus he had to know he didn't have it. I don't think someone yanked him, I believe he left on his own. I suppose it could have been the crew chief, not sure we'll ever know unless he makes a statement. I went to bed about the time the game was resuming.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Exactly GT33. Early in a game the coach and bench players were yelling at the ump on a strike call against Christian Moore. Then Moore homered snd on the way to first and turned his head, called out the plate umpire and rhe ump did nothing about it. This gave me the feeling that UT would receive favorable calls the whole game. No place for this kind of behavior in baseball by UT and the umps to accept it, especially college ball.
I don’t understand their “gang of ruffians” shtick that they do. The fact that their coach seems to encourage it is deplorable.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand their “gang of ruffians” shtick that they do. The fact that their coach seems to encourage it is deplorable.
He was real calm last night because a lot of calls were going his way. As soon as they don’t, he turns into a little ***** until he gets his way.

fsu has the only chance of beating ut. unc is not good enough. Unfortunately it’s going to be an all SEC CWS in another couple days.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He was real calm last night because a lot of calls were going his way. As soon as they don’t, he turns into a little ***** until he gets his way.

fsu has the only chance of beating ut. unc is not good enough. Unfortunately it’s going to be an all SEC CWS in another couple days.
All true unfortunately. But still pulling for the underdog and hoping they find a way.