College football attendance continues to decline

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Pro football light (PFL aka college football) is more popular than pro football (NFL). The only connection PFL is gonna have with college is a name. The more the college game goes down this path, the less connected it becomes to the academic world and that is bad news for schools that try to remain somewhat legitimate academically like guess who?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree...its maddening sitting in the stadium waiting on a TV timeout. I don't know about everyone else but this is my biggest gripe about going to a game in person.
I can't believe somebody hasn't developed a smart tv app that works with your dvr to filter out commercials. I know this doesn't help fans in the stadium, but I bet it would be YUGE? On that note, why not an app that allows an easy sync with your favorite radio broadcast?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I heard that the seats are so narrow at Neyland that you are almost forced to stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being a big guy ( or fat as some would say ) this is the reason I buy 3 season tickets (TECH) for the 2 of us so I have room . Really wish they would think about taking 1 or 2 seats out of each row at Bobby Dodd Stadium and put in chair back seats in to get a little more room.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Being a big guy ( or fat as some would say ) this is the reason I buy 3 season tickets (TECH) for the 2 of us so I have room . Really wish they would think about taking 1 or 2 seats out of each row at Bobby Dodd Stadium and put in chair back seats in to get a little more room.
The bench spacing was designed when people were smaller.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was going to say that chair back seats are nice but might be a little difficult dealing with constant getting up/down yelling at the field. Then I remembered our seats in Jacksonville for TaxSlayer Bowl and I had no problems, in fact arms helped with leveraging up. Hey Tstan - MORE COMFORTABLE SEATS SHOULD MEAN MORE BUTTS IN SEATS!

Ticket prices used to be cheaper. Adjusted for inflation, I think they were still a lot cheaper than today. Concessions weren't nearly as expensive, either. And you could park in any one of the deserted lots around Midtown for about $5 or so.

I think ColoradoJacket hit the nail on the head. When I was growing up (no cable), Tech was on TV maybe once or twice a year, when they played Alabama or UGA. After joining the ACC, they were on TV a little more (JP Sports Network), but now you can catch even the cupcake games.

Years ago it was a big deal to go see a college game, whether it was in Athens or at Grant Field. The Tech campus wasn't far from where I grew up, yet it still seemed like a huge adventure to go "Downtown" and see them play.
"Tech was on TV maybe once or twice a year, when they played Alabama or UGA"
Actually, the Tech - Georgia game was seldom televised, but the Tech - Bama and Tech - UT games were on a fairly regular basis.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The first year I had season tickets I did not get the stinger seats. People on both sides had them and I felt squeezed. From then on I got the seats to hold my own space. It was much better. Tech should install seat backs at least on the more premium seats along the sidelines where we pay more for the privilege. It also keeps the people behind you from poking you with their knees.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The first year I had season tickets I did not get the stinger seats. People on both sides had them and I felt squeezed. From then on I got the seats to hold my own space. It was much better. Tech should install seat backs at least on the more premium seats along the sidelines where we pay more for the privilege. It also keeps the people behind you from poking you with their knees.

I never thought about those advantages. It would also help with fans in other seats inching down on yours. I had mutt fans that kept inching down the row every time they barked last year. Last year’s COFH was my only bad experience at BDS.

I already bought season tickets. I wonder if it’s too late to add the Stinger seats.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I already bought season tickets. I wonder if it’s too late to add the Stinger seats.
It is never too late to spend more money with the GTAA.

You will probably get an email about them soon. In recent years they were offered at a lower price the earlier you got them; last year the progression was $42, $50, $55 each.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I never thought about those advantages. It would also help with fans in other seats inching down on yours. I had mutt fans that kept inching down the row every time they barked last year. Last year’s COFH was my only bad experience at BDS.

No you can still add them

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It is never too late to spend more money with the GTAA.

You will probably get an email about them soon. In recent years they were offered at a lower price the earlier you got them; last year the progression was $42, $50, $55 each.

Awesome. Thank you.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You know thinking about it , they could add the Stinger seat to all the season ticket holders. Would be a nice idea for season ticket holders.

honestly they should just add stinger seats to all seats in the lower level in general, until we can rip up the benches and install reall stadium seats. Reduce capacity make a premium experience get more consistence sales.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I got tired of schlepping a clip-on seat for my wife so last year we got the Stinger Seats - they can both help and hurt in "claiming" your territory.

We have seats 5 & 6 on our row. The guy that has 1-4 is usually there with only one or two friends which makes for very comfortable spacing. One game last season he gave/sold all four seats to four people who all showed up. Their 4 narrow seats were all filled and they had no where go but the aisle. The guy next to me was huge and when we all sat, his left arm and shoulder were literally in front of me. I never felt so close to someone I did not know.

It would be interesting to see what would happen in every seat on a row was fitted with a Stinger Seat.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The guy next to me was huge and when we all sat, his left arm and shoulder were literally in front of me. I never felt so close to someone I did not know.

That was me you are talking about. I thought you didn’t mind... [emoji848]