Colin Cowherd

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I stopped listening to him in 2010. He went on for days talking solely about Farve. People complained. He read an email complaining and asking him to talk about something else. He made a statement that his ratings were up and that if people didn't want to hear about Farve they would change the station. I changed and never listened again.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Don't listen to him with and regularity. Regardless, I though his point was that in the DR they basically had more time to play ball and hone skills due to limited educational access for the masses. Granted his presentation was in "poor form", but part of his job is to get listeners to call in and other to listen, i.e. increase ratings.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a reason that "money ball" had its roots in baseball. It is more statistically predictable than basketball. The numbers do translate better and many got starts in probability and a love of numbers, or at least learned the importance of numbers from the back of baseball cards. I get it u don't like baseball, which is cool. But sometimes there is a kernel of truth behind the myth. They both are great sports, at least I think so fwiw (probably not much)
Nope, the reason money ball started with baseball is that there was a lot of data/stats available on individual baseball plays going back decades. Other sports didn't have that kind of resources, now they are catching up.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Baseball is a thinking game on several fronts. It's a chess match between managers, it's a mental game on the mound and in the box. It's also a game that, as a fielder, you need to know instinctually what you're going to do in every situation associated with every pitch. When I played, I knew what I was going to do with the ball every pitch before the pitch was thrown. I had already executed each potential scenario in my head before the pitch so that I could react instinctually when it did happen. This is true with most sports, but I don't think to the same level as baseball. just my 2 cents.