Coach's ALL ACC Awards

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Next Season is Heating up.. I think we will see a continuation of the focus this team has had. I know a lot of guys are talking about the "chip on the shoulder" mentality - but I think I disagree.. In my experience that attitude wears off and wears down the players. It stems from negativity and actually can bring it's own set of problems into the lockeroom and team.

What I hope we have been seeing is something better, the positive motivation that comes from playing for the team. It's all about laying it on the line for your brothers and hanging it out there - trusting the guy next to you will do the same.

I'll just leave this here:

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, this can be viewed as we were slighted or that this spells out how much team effort was put forth.

Alot of good OL and RB in acc. 2nd team no shame.

Both of these points are very accurate. The first one re-affirms the whole concept that a group of players playing as a team can have greater success that a team of superstars playing as individuals, unless the talent gap is just so wide like for F$U.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
This just shows that we continue to be undervalued and my thought that we may be predicted to top our division next year is probably wrong:) I am disappointed for the players who deserve this type of recognition but not surprised.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@Eastman no one will care where we started at the end of the season next year (as long as we carry a top 20 ranking to start which we basically have to now). We just need to Take Care of Business, do that - and the players will get plenty of accolades

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I know a lot of guys are talking about the "chip on the shoulder" mentality - but I think I disagree.. In my experience that attitude wears off and wears down the players. It stems from negativity and actually can bring it's own set of problems into the lockeroom and team.
I agree. Playing all out due to being PO'ed at the lack of respect ends as soon as respect has been given. This is what happens to teams that can only be ranked for a week or two at a time.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Considering Laskey played only about 70% of the season and was 2nd string the second half of the year, and Synjyn didn't get extensive playing time until the last half of the season, I think the BBs did pretty well this year in terms of awards.

Shaq was left off 1st term due to ACC coaches being made that he embarrassed their front 7. Pretty obvious.