Coaching Carousel 9 - People die climbing mountains

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He hasnt done much in a while but he will have a new gig about 17 seconds after the final four wraps up at the latest.

McDermott has to be the favorite for this gig.
The belief is Holtmann quickly getting another job is part of why they're parting ways now.

Belief is SLU or Vandy for Holtmann.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Nope. Way better forum than that.
200.gif

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Bobby Hurley is rumored to be strongly in the mix at DePaul.

Coach Ham is more likely on retirement watch than a hot seat.

Stackhouse & Howard may choose to pull the ripcord back to the NBA.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Bobby Hurley is rumored to be strongly in the mix at DePaul.

Coach Ham is more likely on retirement watch than a hot seat.

Stackhouse & Howard may choose to pull the ripcord back to the NBA.

Why would Hurley go from ASU to DePaul? I know it’s not a great job but they are Big XII-bound which counters any of the Big East benefits the DePaul gig offers. DePaul is a wasteland.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Why would Hurley go from ASU to DePaul? I know it’s not a great job but they are Big XII-bound which counters any of the Big East benefits the DePaul gig offers. DePaul is a wasteland.
Better to leave than be fired. He was almost fired last season before turning it on late

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
He's interviewed for the DePaul job previously. He's been on the hot seat at ASU for years now so leaving before he gets fired anyway isn't a bad look. And his teams have struggled in conference play in the Pac 10 so the move to the Big 12 is only going to make things harder for him to succeed. DePaul is a wasteland in part because they continually get these hires wrong. Oliver Purnell, a rehire of Dave Leitao a decade after he was good there, an unproven assistant in Tony Stubblefield over Dennis Gates who was an up and coming head coach were all bad hires that have kept the program at a standstill. He at least would have some job security for awhile with the leeway to get the program on the right foot cause it can't get any worse there.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Rumors up here in MI from some tight with Mich St. If Izzo doesn’t make the tournament, he might go fir one last run next season and call it a career. Hates the NIL and portal stuff. One and dones won’t come and he won’t waste time on them.

slugboy

Staff member
Probably the wrong thread, but Pitino is 14-12 at St John’s, ripping his players, ripping his facilities and other support, and saying this year is the most unenjoyable of his life

Ironically, I brought him up last week, and he’s not having a much better season than us.

How much longer does he stay at St John’s if he’s not winning? (I.e. quits because it’s not worth it)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Probably the wrong thread, but Pitino is 14-12 at St John’s, ripping his players, ripping his facilities and other support, and saying this year is the most unenjoyable of his life

Ironically, I brought him up last week, and he’s not having a much better season than us.

How much longer does he stay at St John’s if he’s not winning? (I.e. quits because it’s not worth it)
Good chance they start winning more next year. He does have a UCONN problem as they are really good with no indication they will slump in future years.

slugboy

Staff member
I remember Mike Woodson disappointing at the Hawks. Matt Norlander says he might be gone at Indiana soon

1708604372962.jpeg