Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

GT_EE78

Banned
termination for cause was too vague to say anything.
6 players transferred, over strenuous practice,non-standard payment or such.
why they fired Brannen?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Delicious!

jack.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We could use a WTH 🤦‍♂️ emoji

Is it just me, or does that tweet just ooze “get out and stay out”?

To me, that tweet oozes "I'mma scumbag so lemme make the kid out to be a problem on his way out the door."

The guy may indeed be a problem child but it's not like he's the only one transferring out. You've had 8 dudes leave, iirc. He gonna besmirch all 8?

“Given the standards and expectations of Georgia Basketball, we whole-heartedly agree with K.D.’s desire to seek a new program.

Yikes, man. I know 'class' has a** in it but that doesn't mean you have to be one to show it. If your "standards and expectations" lead to 7-8 guys your recruited to transfer out ... uh, maybe it's you, not them.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just makes me appreciate Pastner more than ever.
I think it comes down to the basic line my mother had for me from a very early age. "Your personal values drive everything you do and will always reveal themselves in your actions. Be honest. Tell the truth. Treat everyone with respect."

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
To me, that tweet oozes "I'mma scumbag so lemme make the kid out to be a problem on his way out the door."

The guy may indeed be a problem child but it's not like he's the only one transferring out. You've had 8 dudes leave, iirc. He gonna besmirch all 8?

Yikes, man. I know 'class' has a** in it but that doesn't mean you have to be one to show it. If your "standards and expectations" lead to 7-8 guys your recruited to transfer out ... uh, maybe it's you, not them.
Have there been any former players that are coming to his defense? What I have heard so far is people indicating he is a bad coach and person. The funny thing about these players that are leaving is he cannot throw them under the bus like he did the players he inherited from Fox. You trash the former players, bring in your guys and they cannot wait to get away from you.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Have there been any former players that are coming to his defense? What I have heard so far is people indicating he is a bad coach and person. The funny thing about these players that are leaving is he cannot throw them under the bus like he did the players he inherited from Fox. You trash the former players, bring in your guys and they cannot wait to get away from you.

Nope, actually the opposite. But he's got this going for him, ol' **** Vitale's going to bat for him.

Tom can flat-out coach, if he gets some players, they will see a masterpiece,” Vitale said. “And, he does things the right way.”

But, Vitale added, Georgia has had “a bad cycle in terms of player personnel.”

These are flat-out lies.