Coaches Poll

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A pretty fair assesment of our team and season so far imo. We are probably a top 25-30 team.We have a chance to finish the year as a ranked team which would be nice for the program. I don't fret about the polls unless it affects our chances of getting in the playoffs.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
A pretty fair assesment of our team and season so far imo. We are probably a top 25-30 team.We have a chance to finish the year as a ranked team which would be nice for the program. I don't fret about the polls unless it affects our chances of getting in the playoffs.

Agreed. But if Tech wins versus NCST and either clempson or the dwags then wins their bowl game I could see them in the top 2o to end the season and the same going into '15 which does appeal to recruits and fans :)

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
There is NOTHING bad about a little poll watching. It's a barometer of respect for the program. Win, and the respect part takes care of itself. If we could have been on the right side of that UNC game, we'd be at 8-1 and probably around 20 right now. Amazing what one loss does to perception. We're not a top 18 or so team, but if we were 8-1 we'd be perceived to be.

Like I said, win games between the lines and the rest takes care of itself. We win 2 of the last 3 and win our bowl, and the whole dynamic changes. We have momentum. We have more people taking notice. But it all starts between the lines. Win 1 of 3 and then lose the bowl and it's another 5 loss season and everyone perceives things differently.