Coach Thacker Lays Down a Jam (Offseason Workout Video)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm impressed I have to say.

I continue to think the hype and energy is a good thing. Of course we need substance behind it but getting the kids juiced is a good start.
One thing that impresses me about Collins is that he said in an interview there is a fine line between having fun and being silly. So he knows there’s a line that can be crossed and you still have to get the work done. This helps belay my fears a little about having an FSU type fiasco.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I love this! I can't wait to see this kind of energy on the sideline!!!! That is something that has been missing for a long time (not just CPJ)! There were moments in previous years during a game or two but for the most part there sidelines have been quiet. College football is an emotional game and having that kind of excitement on the sidelines can help with the performance on the field.
I think this is a myth. Enthusiasm on the sidelines is never completely absent, but it also almost never makes a difference. Dodd's teams were famous for being almost lackadaisical in their approach to the game, yet won big time. Bammer's sidelines are quiet as a tomb. With Paul, he and his assistants were focused on making adjustments during his time on the sidelines, just like Ross and O'Leary were. Indeed, the only Tech head coach I can think of who made a big thing out of sideline hoorah was B*** L****.

Oth, there's nothing wrong with this in off season conditioning drills. Exercise is tiresome at it's best; it's hard and it's the same thing, over and over again. Anything to spruce it up, I suppose.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a myth. Enthusiasm on the sidelines is never completely absent, but it also almost never makes a difference. Dodd's teams were famous for being almost lackadaisical in their approach to the game, yet won big time. Bammer's sidelines are quiet as a tomb. With Paul, he and his assistants were focused on making adjustments during his time on the sidelines, just like Ross and O'Leary were. Indeed, the only Tech head coach I can think of who made a big thing out of sideline hoorah was B*** L****.

Oth, there's nothing wrong with this in off season conditioning drills. Exercise is tiresome at it's best; it's hard and it's the same thing, over and over again. Anything to spruce it up, I suppose.
Disagree a little bit, sometimes it can make a difference, it just depends on the players and how good they are. Bama doesn’t need the hype, they are just that good. Some teams/players need the hype to get them going or it’s hard for them to get into the game. People do things based on emotion, and sometime the hype gets them in their emotions, and they play better that way. Basically it’s a team by team or player by player thing.