Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Cutcliff was one of the few acc coaches that regularly beat CPJ so he most likely had scout team run a bunch of CPJs plays during GT prep week prior to him retiring. So, probably not a big stretch for his O to run the jet sweep a couple times. It picked up yards both times.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we laugh about it now? I feel like we should laugh about it now. I’m at a loss otherwise.
Laugh some but not too much. It has been made clear multiple times that we need to tiptoe incase TFG reads through this website (or something like that, I don’t know)

On filtering though- I will always love CPJ for how unfiltered yet real he is. He’s never over the top, yet says what others won’t in usually a funny way.

Sugar3ThousandPounds

Georgia Tech Fan
That anonymous coach he mentions has to be Justin Fuente or Bud Foster. Beat VT 3 years in a row from 2016-2018, then they bagel us 45-0 in Atlanta in 2019

slugboy

Staff member
The fact that a coach took valuable time with his team during prep week to implement this formation, anticipating an A$$ kicking, is an absolute atrocity.

What an absolute joke we had.
He prepped it to have a shot against Bama. It didn’t work, but they remembered it when we played

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The two things I remember being talked about here. 1. Collins first spring game he came out on first play lined up in CPJ's TO formation. 2. I don't remember CBK saying that GT was easier to recruit than "bama" but did hear him say he had more to sell at GT when recruiting. Certainly I could have missed the "easier to recruit" comment.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The two things I remember being talked about here. 1. Collins first spring game he came out on first play lined up in CPJ's TO formation. 2. I don't remember CBK saying that GT was easier to recruit than "bama" but did hear him say he had more to sell at GT when recruiting. Certainly I could have missed the "easier to recruit" comment.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Cutcliff was one of the few acc coaches that regularly beat CPJ so he most likely had scout team run a bunch of CPJs plays during GT prep week prior to him retiring. So, probably not a big stretch for his O to run the jet sweep a couple times. It picked up yards both times.
They also played the academies. He also knew that offense was effective with the right personnel and you are correct they had to run it on the scout team plus break it down on film.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That anonymous coach he mentions has to be Justin Fuente or Bud Foster. Beat VT 3 years in a row from 2016-2018, then they bagel us 45-0 in Atlanta in 2019

I feel like it’s probably Bud Foster. He and CPJ clearly had a deep respect for each other and probably still keep in touch. That makes more sense than Fuente, but maybe it was him. The other anonymous coach who lined up in the flex against us was Cutcliffe.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I remember him saying that. But I remember it being about academics, playing time, ATL, and other things. I NEVER felt like it was a shot at CPJ. I think CPJ was very successful in getting the type of talent he needed to run his offense up to the bitter end. QB was the issue at the end and the NCAA kept changing the rules to make it harder and harder for CPJ to run his scheme.