Coach K to Retire After Next Season

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The amount of bull **** calls Duke will get this year will be a disgrace to basketball. No way in hell will ACC refs let them have another year like this past one. They have to send K out on top.....

Book it. Duke will win the acc and it will be with a lot of help. Lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The amount of bull **** calls Duke will get this year will be a disgrace to basketball. No way in hell will ACC refs let them have another year like this past one. They have to send K out on top.....

Book it. Duke will win the acc and it will be with a lot of help. Lol
ACCT is in Brooklyn this year. Gonna be a waste of a week this year as they prop them on through. I wanna vomit.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Coach K: So you mean with NIL ALL SAs have the ability to get their own fancy homes and SAs have the ability to buy their own fancy cars and they don't need me to persuade Nike into sending cash secretly?!! How am I supposed to get credit for recruiting well and get a leg up on other coaches now?!!

Even if cheating wasn't a thing, the changes made to NIL and transfer rules will be a huge shift in college recruiting that much older coaches will probably not want to deal with. It's not that dissimilar to the situation Bobby felt here when he could no longer rely on every player staying 3 years no matter how good they were. Some coaches who had success before will continue to have success as they adapt and others won't. New coaches who are in tune with the new rules will step up. For a 70+ year old coach it would basically take you completely adapting to new rules and then you retire anyways.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Even if cheating wasn't a thing, the changes made to NIL and transfer rules will be a huge shift in college recruiting that much older coaches will probably not want to deal with. It's not that dissimilar to the situation Bobby felt here when he could no longer rely on every player staying 3 years no matter how good they were. Some coaches who had success before will continue to have success as they adapt and others won't. New coaches who are in tune with the new rules will step up. For a 70+ year old coach it would basically take you completely adapting to new rules and then you retire anyways.
There was a lot of press/discussion that this issue with the NIL is exactly what propelled Roy out last year. He didn't like what he saw on the horizon.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Most Duke fans thought he would stay until his grandson had graduated. He is a walk on . Not sure what year he is in. Now I wonder how long the charm of that outdated basketball arena lasts. It's as bad as the old Reynolds collesium was at NCSU which was designed to accommodate the circus when it would come to Raleigh. I could see a new BB arena being built at Duke and somehow named for Coach K.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Goodman quote basically confirms 2 things. One, Duke was going to stay in the 'Family' and two, K was going to pick who replaced him.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Lol at the hypocrites who would have loved to have coach K here instead of at Duke. Wonder what they would be saying in that scenario.

I liked coach K, rare type of person.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Shouldn't have effected K and his team model for last few years since he's been relying on 1 and dones anyway. Then the occasional 1 and done guy who didn't meet expectations either stayed a 2nd year or left anyway. And he had some role players mixed in for good measure.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lol at the hypocrites who would have loved to have coach K here instead of at Duke. Wonder what they would be saying in that scenario.

I liked coach K, rare type of person.
Not me. **** K and **** dook. I'd take Calipari over him and Pitino is a better actual coach.

FOH with that nonsense talk. Congrats on liking a sanctimonious piece of ****.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
So I wonder if they interviewed multiple people of ALL races and gender-feeling type of people and Scheyer was the best candidate? Or is all that equality talk just b.s. up there in Durham?

LibertyTurns

Banned
So I wonder if they interviewed multiple people of ALL races and gender-feeling type of people and Scheyer was the best candidate? Or is all that equality talk just b.s. up there in Durham?
Equality rules only apply to the poor dumb bastards living outside the gated communities.