Coach George O'Leary

Status
Not open for further replies.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd rather have B*** L**** or CGC coaching our team than ever let G***** O'***** back on our sidelines.

He was a good game day coach but a terrible human being. That last part still matters to me.
I am sorry, but I do not remember O'Leary causing the team to split into two based on racial lines.

O'Leary was an old school coach who pushed his players hard. Was he too rough on his players? Maybe, but he was certainly no worse than my drill instructors.

Also, why does CPJ not get the same treatment from you? He was just as tough on his players as O'Leary.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am sorry, but I do not remember O'Leary causing the team to split into two based on racial lines.

O'Leary was an old school coach who pushed his players hard. Was he too rough on his players? Maybe, but he was certainly no worse than my drill instructors.

Also, why does CPJ not get the same treatment from you? He was just as tough on his players as O'Leary.

CPJ was never found negligent in the death of a player. I'm not going to rehash this on here anymore, but enough people know about GOLs many character failings. Just google it.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The dude got a player killed at UCF

I don’t really care what O’Leary has to say about anything. His judgement is obviously terrible.
He did not. The player had a condition that killed him. Not O'Leary.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The jury thought differently and agreed that UCF and GOL were negligent.
I must have missed his murder trial. Negligent does equate to killing someone. Also, UCF was found negligent, not O'Leary. And they did not find the school grossly negligent. In other words, not directly responsible for the players death.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Also, UCF was found negligent, not O'Leary

It takes an awful lot of disingenuity to use this line. UCF was found negligent in death of a player who died in a practice supervised by GOL who refused said player medical aid and water initially when it might have actually saved his life, but since UCF as the organization was found negligent, no blame should fall on GOL?

If you believe that, then there is nothing anyone can say that will ever convince you. But hey, he beat uga a few times, so...

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
It takes an awful lot of disingenuity to use this line. UCF was found negligent in death of a player who died in a practice supervised by GOL who refused said player medical aid and water initially when it might have actually saved his life, but since UCF as the organization was found negligent, no blame should fall on GOL?

If you believe that, then there is nothing anyone can say that will ever convince you. But hey, he beat uga a few times, so...
I guess a jury has never awarded a family a victory in a civil case against a large institution with deep pockets because they felt sympathy over a child's death.

The standards of evidence and proof are much lower in a civil case. And still UCF was not found grossly negligent or responsible for the death of the player.

And who is being disingenuous? The school was found negligent not responsible. O'Leary was not a named defendant in the case.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
That was a civil trial and was partially reversed on appeal. GOL was never charged or found to be negligent. Does that make him a good guy? No, not in my opinion.

The reversal was due to UCF being a state university so they were granted sovereign immunity in the matter and Plancher's family got next to nothing. It did not have any bearing on the matter of guilt of the UCFAA in the incident.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You don't have to be found guilty legally to be guilty of being an *** hole.

Unfortunately when it comes to football that's a quality a lot of people admire in a coach for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.