1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Coach Dollar

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by BC_Jacket, Mar 19, 2014.

1. BC_Jacket

BC_Jacket Georgia Tech Fan

A lot of internet chatter around Chad Dollar joining Bruce Pearl at Auburn...

Anyone out there know if there is truth to this?

2. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

There is a lot of smoke that Chad will not be here next year.

3. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

more pay or the writing on the wall with CBG, or both?

4. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

AU site says his former assistant Tony Jones will be one. He's bringing his son in a support role, non coaching. Says he's looking at 1-2 more.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/137794-pearl-assistants/

Our staff may need some shaking up. Most were brought in for recruiting first and we're not exactly tearing it up out there.

5. BC_Jacket

BC_Jacket Georgia Tech Fan

If a spot does open up I wonder if we'd approach Cliff Warren...now that he's available.

He has some familiarity with the program and did a good job developing our PG talent a decade+ ago (Jack, Bynum, Akins)

forensicbuzz and Midlands Jacket like this.
  6. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

And I saw him hanging out on a day I randomly happened to be at the AA during January. Although, I'm guessing that was just courtesy use of the facility.

I hope we loosen the purse strings a bit before we lose Coach Dollar. He's tied in really well in GA.

7. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Off topic. Anyone Dayton is in the tournament?

8. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

Thats not true according to scouts. CBG is bringing in great class after great class. This is just one of the many things he does wonderfully. In game coaching and player development being the others. Its really because the program was in such disarray 3 years ago that we havent won a NC yet.

9. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

This guy still typing about three years ago.. How long does it take to for a turnaround? A above .500 record?
    His first 3 season record is the same as Hewitts last three season's record. In his 11 seasons of D1 coaching he's only coached 2 teams to the tournament. The guy being a mediocre coach is generous.

10. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

He is being sarcastic.

GTNavyNuke, Peacone36 and ATL1 like this.
  11. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member