Coach Coleman's got his Mind Rite

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
In the summer of 1989 Bobby Ross spoke to an alumni group and said that his goal was to win a national championship. Keep in mind that we were 5-17 the two previous seasons. Coach Ross may have been the only person in the room who believed that statement. 18 months later his words came true.

Who did Marco Coleman play for? Bobby Ross. So don't think that Coach Coleman's words can't come true. He was part of a team that made it happen in 1990.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
IMO the biggest hindrance to recruiting this year is not being able to have recruits on campus. Many recruits have indicated that the visits completely changed their perception of GT. They get to experience the culture first hand as well as see the campus. I have no doubt recruiting will improve again once restrictions are lifted.

GTFLETCH

Banned
IMHO after watching the team lose today at Cuse... I do not see it happinging anythime soon... It appears the program is set back years despite the uptick in recruiting. I think if we can get the team looking like a Coach Gailey team and win B2B 7 wins that would be a real big win.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
IMHO after watching the team lose today at Cuse... I do not see it happinging anythime soon... It appears the program is set back years despite the uptick in recruiting. I think if we can get the team looking like a Coach Gailey team and win B2B 7 wins that would be a real big win.
He has only had 1 recruiting class that is entirely his. Good lord man. All of his guys are true freshmen this year and there are only really a handful that are getting a lot of snaps. Rome wasn't built in a day.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He has only had 1 recruiting class that is entirely his. Good lord man. All of his guys are true freshmen this year and there are only really a handful that are getting a lot of snaps. Rome wasn't built in a day.
So far it's taken approximately 1,009,491 days to build Rome. This is based on the traditional founding of the city (21 April 753 BCE), but we should also consider that the city has been sacked and rebuilt several times. ( we are going to have a long wait )

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So far it's taken approximately 1,009,491 days to build Rome. This is based on the traditional founding of the city (21 April 753 BCE), but we should also consider that the city has been sacked and rebuilt several times. ( we are going to have a long wait )
This gave me a good laugh haha. Thanks for that.

GTFLETCH

Banned
No doubt our recruiting profile has been raised.... However my issues is with the "Coaching part" IMHO the on the field product today looked a lot like the citadel loss last year... So I am happy our recruiting has improved, but when will we start coaching em up and start winning the "winable" games?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
No doubt our recruiting profile has been raised.... However my issues is with the "Coaching part" IMHO the on the field product today looked a lot like the citadel loss last year... So I am happy our recruiting has improved, but when will we start coaching em up and start winning the "winable" games?
I feel that, but it just seems like we need time. We are an extremely young team right now, so mistakes should be expected. Those will get corrected with reps and game action, the coaches can only do so much in the week. In saying that, this loss today was definitely on coaching because of all of the penalties.