Coach Andy McCollum AJC article

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Articles like this used to make me extremely nervous. But not anymore.

Now that we have an athletic director who actually understands how to build and manage a football program which includes assembling and retaining a talented staff.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A big increase in salary or promotion to more responsibility with more $ would be tempting. Coach McCollum is from Marrietta so a local guy. What will come into play is his situation in other aspects of the job. Is he happy in Atlanta. Does he like the other coaches. Is he proud of the type of kids that come to GT. Is he proud to be part of a great institution that is more than just football. I sure don't want to lose him. Sometimes it can be more than just $.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He lives in marietta country club. Mccollum airport in kennesaw is named after his grandad. His brother lives in the area too. He has a ton of roots here and likes it here. But he is a coach. At the end of the day if he sees a better opportunity for him he could take it.

But i dont see him taking a job just for a few more bucks. Would have to be alot more dollars and more to the role

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He lives in marietta country club. Mccollum airport in kennesaw is named after his grandad. His brother lives in the area too. He has a ton of roots here and likes it here. But he is a coach. At the end of the day if he sees a better opportunity for him he could take it.

But i dont see him taking a job just for a few more bucks. Would have to be alot more dollars and more to the role
At bds his long time friend and i think pastor often sits in one of their seats next to us. Once i asked him if he jnew the austin twins - one of whom was talking to Andy. He sajd - sjn a very long time. He gave a shout and the kid turned and waived. Andy didnt loik up and you could tell he tried to refocus the kid. The kids could be said saying " but coach its ..." At that point andy turned and briefly smiled before refocusing on work. I said - you obviiusly do know them.

Imo, we should be able to keep him if we show him respect.