Clinton & Trump are criminals and should be in jail. /sarcasm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If evidence of crime and wrongdoing by trump and/or his associates is there and is prosecutable then none of this political b.s. matters. If after all is said and done and the Mueller investigation actually IS a witch hunt then it will eventually backlash bigly on the dems politically. Be patient it'll all come out in the wash one way or the other eventually.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Some answers on the rules for choosing lawyers for a special investigation. Also interesting that 76% of elite lawyers are democrats. The president's own lawyer Cobb has donated to dems, along with Trump, Ivanka, Jarrod...wtf.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...ueller-investigation-bias-20170728-story.html

"Justice Department rules prohibit taking political affiliation into account when filling career positions at the agency, including those in the special counsel’s office. These rules are designed to ensure that legal investigations aren’t partisan affairs. When the rules were ignored by George W. Bush’s Department of Justice, it was a national scandal."

"This liberal slant is even more extreme among elite lawyers. Of attorneys who graduated from the country’s most selective law schools — the “Top 14,” as they’re often called — 76% of those who make political contributions have given more money to Democrats than to Republicans."

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Smdh. The first paragraph: Based on evidence that at least seven of the 15 lawyers have previously given money to Democrats, it appears, the administration is gearing up to make the argument that Mueller’s team is biased and thus unable to reach impartial legal conclusions.

Now, I didn't say that their contributions mean that they are "biased and thus unable to reach impartial legal conclusions." So, on its face the thesis of the article does not apply to my post nor my question of where you see "belief bias."

Let's look at what else this opinion piece says:
Lawyers tend to be liberal. Our research has shown that 68% of lawyers who have made any political contributions have given more money to Democrats than to Republicans.

Of attorneys who graduated from the country’s most selective law schools — the “Top 14,” as they’re often called — 76% of those who make political contributions have given more money to Democrats than to Republicans.
Okay, now let's look at what I said in the post where you claimed to have found "belief bias":
He not only hired an attorney who had several convictions overturned by the Supreme Court because of prosecutorial misconduct but also hired an attorney who represented the Clinton Foundation. Even if someone believes that HRC and the Clinton Foundation are innocent and will ultimately be exonerated, they have to admit that there's enough evidence to warrant an investigation. Hiring several attorneys who've made contribution to HRC and other Democrats while hiring none who have made contributions to Republican candidates certainly suggests a one-sided political motivation.
Now, some facts should jump out at any reasonable reader: 1) I offered three points of evidence from which I inferred that Mueller was not an honest broker, 2) reference to political donations was the third and least significant, and 3) I did not refer to them in the way addressed by the article.

Please look again at how I referred to the donations: several who contributed to Democrats and "none who have made contributions to Republican candidates." Now, based on the article, you might expect 70 - 75% of those who made donations to have been to Democrats, what we have is 100%. Obviously, it's a very small sample size, but when you combine it with the other two facts I mentioned, it's at least worthy of consideration.

Your link may not have directly responded to my post and so not shown "belief bias" on my part, but it definitely proves your point about your own.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Suggests, nothing more. You can twist your and my words around all you want but at this time you have zero proof that there is bias, that is nothing but your own gut feeling, and interestingly enough completely mirrors the talking points coming from the trump camp.

Again i'll ask you this, lets say that Mueller and every one of these lawyers hate trump's guts and want to see him in prison, do you think this will help them in some way expose his crimes? Extra motivation do do their jobs?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Suggests, nothing more. You can twist your and my words around all you want but at this time you have zero proof that there is bias, that is nothing but your own gut feeling, and interestingly enough completely mirrors the talking points coming from the trump camp.

Again i'll ask you this, lets say that Mueller and every one of these lawyers hate trump's guts and want to see him in prison, do you think this will help them in some way expose his crimes? Extra motivation do do their jobs?

The trouble is crap like Comey drafting his decision on Hillary emails before anyone of value was interviewed. Do you not see the danger here? Another concern with investigative bias is with prosecutors withholding exculpatory evidence.

All this is what causes such alarm at apparent bias and conflicts of interest. I sadly and alarmingly now have zero confidence in the command staff and supervision of the FBI or with the special prosecutor's team.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

@UgaBlows
Where is your outrage regarding this? Do you have none because the Hillary team laundered this crap out to attempt to distance themselves from it? Do you actually buy that? No way in hell you would if the bad actor was Trump instead of Hillary.

No alarm because she didn't win the office? In prior posts you alluded to this philosophy. How does that philosophy deter future similar acts?

The dossier has also been used to interfere with the current administration. So too did the felonious unmasking and leaking that took place and was directly enabled by Obama.

Deleted member 2897

I'm glad were colluding here, i love this forum!

Why all the lies from trump and his team if there's nothing wrong with collusion with a hostile foriegn country? I'm not so sure that our laws agree with you on all the fine points of that. Funny how team trump's talking points went from No Collusion! To collusion is legal right after trump jr's little meeting.

I'm not interested in your obama/hillary whataboutism, lts focus on the man who is running our country and the "Best" people he has hired along the way.

Interesting article about his foriegn policy team

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/us/trump-foreign-policy-advisers.html

No they didn't. I just brought that up just so you knew there's nothing illegal about it. Trump continues to say this very day its all a bunch of bull malarki.

The Russians gave over $100M to Clinton. They helped Steele put together the dossier. You can't say they wanted Trump to win with a straight face and then see all of that. The truth is they are just manipulating us and gathering intelligence and inside information and sowing chaos. And the media and the left are all just running right off that cliff together.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

With all due respect, you again make accusations about my posts without explaining what you're talking about. I listed three facts from which I inferred that Mueller is not being an honest broker in this investigation. That is more than a gut feeling.
1) Andrew Weismann led the prosecution team in the Enron case which got a conviction of a partner in an Accounting firm. Three years later a UNANIMOUS Supreme Court overturned the conviction ruling that no crime had been committed. Weismann had rewritten the jury instructions to define a crime that didn't exist. He also led the team prosecuting Merrill Lynch executives. 12 of 14 counts were overturned on appeal. That's pretty high profile slaps in the face for prosecutorial over-reach. This guy is not someone you hire if you care about giving the impression of playing within the rule of law.
2) Jeannie Rhee, not only has she maxed out her donations to Clinton in 2015 and 2016, she defended the Clinton Foundation in a 2015 racketeering lawsuit. The point is not that this proves bias but that she cannot be involved in any investigation of wrong-doing connected with the Clinton Foundation. It would be a clear conflict of interest. These are facts.
3) Nothing more needs to be said about the point of the political donations. The odds would have 25-30% of those making political donations having given to the Republicans, as your link says, but what we have is 0%.​

Your last questions defy my ability to take them seriously. They simply assume that Trump committed crimes. In a way, they make my point: it's not an honest investigation if it assumes crimes were committed (as your questions assume), especially when one of the attorneys has a record of making up crimes.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Let’s see- 8 years ago the FBI (Mueller) and DOJ had evidence of racketeering in the Russian Uranium One deal and evidence of improper handling of classified materials 5 months ago Mueller was appointed as special counsel. In 5 months he directed a raid on Manfort’s house so he could seize documents he was afraid of being destroyed & was able to bring charges. In 4 years, they performed no raids on anyone connected to the illegal Russian uranium activity and in 8 years they have managed to charge and get plea deals with a couple low level participants despite having substantial evidence of widespread corruption. The maggots in DC all need to go. They protect themselves and have a death grip on our great nation.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...-circles-on-the-trump-dossier/article/2639708

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...nce-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666

What is up with the continued illegal leaking going on?

Some of the stuff about Flynn in the 2nd article makes Flynn look fishy with regards to Russia. The stuff about Turkey seems downright outlandish. But wtf is up with the leaks from Mueller? That kinda crap actually hurts his investigation. If convictions are the goal. And the referenced "former senior law enforcement official" smells a bit like Comey. If he continues to leak classified crap (if that Turkey investigation info is classified) lock his *** up. I'm so fed up with government leakers. Whistle blowing is one thing...this crap ain't whistle blowing.

Deleted member 2897

https://ntknetwork.com/clinton-on-t...americans-having-rights-or-women-having-jobs/

LOL. This reminds me of 60 Minutes last night, where they did a full story on Civil War Monuments and what to do about them. They talked about all these figures - Presidents, Congressmen, War Generals. Of course not 1 single peep that the guys who fought to defend slavery, who fought against the Civil Rights movement, pushed forth Jim Crow, fought to prevent women from voting - those were all Democrats. An inconvenient truth.

I can't believe she spews forth all this stuff. This is just like the Sean Hannity type comments "Liberals hate American and want to destroy it." Bunch of jibberish.