#CLEMvsGT Postgame Press Conference

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Can not have punter take 3 steps and 4 seconds to get the ball away...
Agreed. When I saw his first punt I thought we’d see one blocked given how slow it progressed. That has to be a point of emphasis or we will set a (bad) record for most punts blocked in a season.

kalld12

Banned
Ignore him and move on. Why poke a verbal altercation. Everyone bitches get over yourself.
Coming from you? Bahahahaha thanks for the laugh. I've watched you eat crow numerous times on this board claiming you know more than everyone else when in fact you know nothing. Credibility shot.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
I am glad CGC at least explained his reasoning for the timeouts. While I don't necessarily agree with them, he at least explained that the 2nd half ones were due to something he saw in the matchup to prevent a busted play.

He also basically said the decision to run the clock at half was just playing it safe. While I wish we were more aggressive I am not sure he wasn't justified. They were near midfield and driving and the defense had been playing well so it would not be a surprise for them to pull a fake and go for it. If they called a timeout it would be obvious they were going to go for it. If we call the timeout then they could play the fake and if they make it we just gave them 30 extra seconds to score. Also if we went full send to block it that would easily allow a first on a fake. With us not calling the timeout and running a defensive formation it basically prevented them from even attempting to go for it so they punted. I understand questioning the decision (cause I still do), but if we had called the timeout and they converted we would be pissed too
It feels like this is a playing to not lose badly mentality that Collins has. I would hope that we would be excited about any team going for a 4th and 3 from their own 43. Get a stop and 1st down and you have a chance at points. I would have been very surprised if Clemson would have gone for it in this situation. They were getting the ball back after the half, for them it would be unnecessary risk. If they went for it and got it I would not have been mad at a timeout, we would have been playing to get points and win. This decision is weak.

ScGold

Banned
Coming from you? Bahahahaha thanks for the laugh. I've watched you eat crow numerous times on this board claiming you know more than everyone else when in fact you know nothing. Credibility shot.
Stay on topic. Bitching about performances and sharing information that sometimes is correct and sometimes isn't are not related.

kalld12

Banned
Stay on topic. Bitching about performances and sharing information that sometimes is correct and sometimes isn't are not related.
I'm addressing you and I got my point across. Nothing else needs to be said, but stop claiming like you know things when in fact, YOU DONT!