#CLEMvsGT Postgame Press Conference

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
“clean it up” is the new “elite level”. Didn’t we just have a spring training session and fall camp to teach football 1 on 1, ie. how to punt and that you can’t move on offense until the ball is snapped? But sure, let’s clean up football 101.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
“clean it up” is the new “elite level”. Didn’t we just have a spring training session and fall camp to teach football 1 on 1, ie. how to punt and that you can’t move on offense until the ball is snapped? But sure, let’s clean up football 101.

Eh, remember last year's opener we had all of spring/summer to be prepared and allowed N. Illinois to run the ball right down our throats. It's a long time trend.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Clean it up is the new Elite... 🤣 🤣

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I am glad CGC at least explained his reasoning for the timeouts. While I don't necessarily agree with them, he at least explained that the 2nd half ones were due to something he saw in the matchup to prevent a busted play.

He also basically said the decision to run the clock at half was just playing it safe. While I wish we were more aggressive I am not sure he wasn't justified. They were near midfield and driving and the defense had been playing well so it would not be a surprise for them to pull a fake and go for it. If they called a timeout it would be obvious they were going to go for it. If we call the timeout then they could play the fake and if they make it we just gave them 30 extra seconds to score. Also if we went full send to block it that would easily allow a first on a fake. With us not calling the timeout and running a defensive formation it basically prevented them from even attempting to go for it so they punted. I understand questioning the decision (cause I still do), but if we had called the timeout and they converted we would be pissed too

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I am glad CGC at least explained his reasoning for the timeouts. While I don't necessarily agree with them, he at least explained that the 2nd half ones were due to something he saw in the matchup to prevent a busted play.

He also basically said the decision to run the clock at half was just playing it safe. While I wish we were more aggressive I am not sure he wasn't justified. They were near midfield and driving and the defense had been playing well so it would not be a surprise for them to pull a fake and go for it. If they called a timeout it would be obvious they were going to go for it. If we call the timeout then they could play the fake and if they make it we just gave them 30 extra seconds to score. Also if we went full send to block it that would easily allow a first on a fake. With us not calling the timeout and running a defensive formation it basically prevented them from even attempting to go for it so they punted. I understand questioning the decision (cause I still do), but if we had called the timeout and they converted we would be pissed too

I hear you, but I just don't put any faith in what he has to say when he talks around every question. 🤷‍♂️

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I just stole a few minutes from something else to watch the first 7-8 minutes of CGC's presser. He was certainly subdued (and rightfully so), I'll say that for him. Didn't hear any smart-*** remarks or blaming the press for stupid questions.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I just stole a few minutes from something else to watch the first 7-8 minutes of CGC's presser. He was certainly subdued (and rightfully so), I'll say that for him. Didn't hear any smart-*** remarks or blaming the press for stupid questions.

Only so much blame to go around and he's been the chief for 3+ years now. Tough to blame Johnson or the press or someone else at this point when everything is pointing in one direction.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Honestly you’re a bear to listen too. Just constant bitching about the same crap. Lighten up, nothing you can say or do is going to make an immediate impact on anything or anyone.
I think people like this feel better when they vent incessantly...if you post more or less the same thing in every single thread everyone will be sure to see it and know that you are NOT one who 'accepts mediocrity". Or whatever.

All of us get the bitching and moaning. A few of us just can't let go of it for whatever reason.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I think people like this feel better when they vent incessantly...if you post more or less the same thing in every single thread everyone will be sure to see it and know that you are NOT one who 'accepts mediocrity". Or whatever.

All of us get the bitching and moaning. A few of us just can't let go of it for whatever reason.

Thanks!