Clemson

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Play clean and with full intensity and we'll see what happens. Obviously we won't shut down Lawrence and ETN, but if we don't stop ourselves, maybe we can steal a chance to win. The thing we can't do is fall behind again.

Defensively, I'd want to see more confusion but not necessarily more aggression. Gotta give them a chance to make a mistake. We have been bad at forcing field goals in the red zone, but we can always try to improve.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The key will be for our d to show up early and not give up on the long passes. I've got a real.worry with our swiss cheese d that they are gonna put up 50 on us

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully Miami can give them a physical game today while also getting blown out on the score board. Offensively I think we should move the ball decently and put up some points. Defensively, uh I’d settle for us to limit their run game and have Lawerence beat us with his arm. Tough game, but hopefully we will be up for the game and Clemson will be coming off a high and overlooking us.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
There is less than .1% chance we beat Clemson. They will have the best offense and defense we’ve seen all year by a mile.

Our best chance is they come out really flat, we score early and force a couple turnovers. But they play Syracuse after us so they won’t be looking past us.

My hope is we string together some nice drives to give Sims more confidence, we showcase Gibbs more (to help with recruiting), we get some young guys playing time on defense (Meigez, Franks, Ivey, and maybe Brooks) and we make some kicks to give our kicker some confidence for the rest of the season. Most importantly, we stay healthy.

I’ll still be watching and pulling for a win though.

Deleted member 2897

There is less than .1% chance we beat Clemson. They will have the best offense and defense we’ve seen all year by a mile.

Our best chance is they come out really flat, we score early and force a couple turnovers. But they play Syracuse after us so they won’t be looking past us.

My hope is we string together some nice drives to give Sims more confidence, we showcase Gibbs more (to help with recruiting), we get some young guys playing time on defense (Meigez, Franks, Ivey, and maybe Brooks) and we make some kicks to give our kicker some confidence for the rest of the season. Most importantly, we stay healthy.

Trevor Lawrence could get hurt or get COVID. Only takes a couple people on the right spots to change a team. Watching Georgia, they are an amazing team, but their QB is a pedestrian average Joe. He’s probably be QB 3 on our team. That 1 guy on their entire roster will cause them to lose games.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year Tre Swilling picked off Trevor Lawrence twice and we had bad luck on offense, it was also just bad. I think if we play a similar defensive game, keep it clean like we did today and we have a chance to keep the game close.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Come on. Even ESPN is giving us more of a chance than that

1602370745590.png

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Trevor Lawrence could get hurt or get COVID. Only takes a couple people on the right spots to change a team. Watching Georgia, they are an amazing team, but their QB is a pedestrian average Joe. He’s probably be QB 3 on our team. That 1 guy on their entire roster will cause them to lose games.

If Lawrence doesn't play, it will definitely improve our chances. The guy backing him up though is much more heralded coming out of HS than Sims. He hasn't seen the live bullets Sims has though so that could be an advantage.

If the game starts like the one did last year for us on the defensive side, I think we have the firepower to put some pressure on them. I just don't see it happening. I'm very optimistic about the direction we're heading. I just don't think we're ready to slay this beast yet. I do think ND is beatable though.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Come on. Even ESPN is giving us more of a chance than that

View attachment 9208

I saw that after I posted. It'llll be interesting to see what the people in Vegas think. I don't think the spread will be what it was last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were favored 4 scores.

As I mentioned just above, I'm very optimistic about the trajectory of our program. I just don't see any way this happens. But hey, it is 2020...

Deleted member 2897

Ha ha ha, Dabo is such a clown, trying to run the score up. I hate Miami, but Dabo deserves the kick six in his face at the first half buzzer.

Dabo “that was a terrible decision by me”. Damn straight, clown.

Like 22 first Downs to 3. Miami had more penalty yards than offense, but now instead of 21-3 at half its 21-10. LOL.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Ha ha ha, Dabo is such a clown, trying to run the score up. I hate Miami, but Dabo deserves the kick six in his face at the first half buzzer.

Dabo “that was a terrible decision by me”. Damn straight, clown.

Like 22 first Downs to 3. Miami had more penalty yards than offense, but now instead of 21-3 at half its 21-10. LOL.

I don't think I'd have tried the FG there, but how would that be running up the score? There's an entire half left to play.