Clemson Week Media

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have been a fan for a very, very long time. Never have we had a player compared to a baby giraffe! Not even Calvin Johnson.Or Pat Swilling, Gary Lee, ELI, etc. I'm not sure I know what that means but I don't understand the X's and O's like Coach Venables does either.;)

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I have been a fan for a very, very long time. Never have we had a player compared to a baby giraffe! Not even Calvin Johnson.Or Pat Swilling, Gary Lee, ELI, etc. I'm not sure I know what that means but I don't understand the X's and O's like Coach Venables does either.;)
I can't recall it but if Michael Johnson was never compared to a baby giraffe than that was a missed opportunity. Man has neck for days.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Obviously Brent doesn't know anything about scouting Teams.. I mean I have read countless experts on this board alone pick out all the flaws in our QB's game.
:sneaky:

slugboy

Staff member
Clemson beat writer (basically, Clemson’s version of Ken Suguira), in The State: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article246382805.html. It’s not much, and they don’t mention Gibbs or anyone on defense, but mention some of our players for the Clemson fans who don’t know who we are these days.

The State is paywalled, so I can’t get you too much, but this is a “statement game” apparently: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...rticle246416360.html#storylink=mainstage_card

I’m sure Clemson players are getting a deeper view of our team than their fans are

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Dabo seems to give some really nice props to the GT staff and flipping the offense around in a year. I doubt we are a big target on their schedule, but I think they are going to be focused this game. At least on defense. Particularly because we have 2 guys on offense that have completely changed our dynamic in Sims and Gibbs. I expect freshman mistakes, but we should be gritty and complete. Wish we had Mason for this game so he can provide some of that leadership. I'll never say we have absolutely 0% chance that we win. Gibbs made a correct statement in saying this game will give us a chance to show what we can do.

We will have the chance, can we execute and produce points? Hope our guys leave it all on the field Saturday. Hit them hard, and make smart decisions.

Deleted member 2897

Dabo seems to give some really nice props to the GT staff and flipping the offense around in a year. I doubt we are a big target on their schedule, but I think they are going to be focused this game. At least on defense. Particularly because we have 2 guys on offense that have completely changed our dynamic in Sims and Gibbs. I expect freshman mistakes, but we should be gritty and complete. Wish we had Mason for this game so he can provide some of that leadership. I'll never say we have absolutely 0% chance that we win. Gibbs made a correct statement in saying this game will give us a chance to show what we can do.

We will have the chance, can we execute and produce points? Hope our guys leave it all on the field Saturday. Hit them hard, and make smart decisions.

I hope we take some chances on defense - we’re going to give up points - might as well take risks to get a takeaway along the way. Even with a more traditional offense, I still expect them to put 11 within 7-8 yards of the line, and many times 9 inside of 5 yards. That’s a great time for the AB famous double move.