Clemson Ticket Location Released

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
So does anyone still really think giving up a home game at BDS for “Mayhem at MBS” is a good thing ? Of course if we beat Clemson then yes…
Never thought it was a good idea. I'm not a 17 year old recruit but I don't see how playing a game in an NFL stadium is a recruiting pitch. I'd rather walk through Yellow Jacket Alley on campus with the band playing and run out the tunnel behind the Wreck in the oldest still-in-use stadium in FBS to 55,000 fans clad in gold as the sunset falls over the Midtown/Downtown skyline. Is GTAA making significantly more money off these games after production costs?

Of course, we can't have that either. Selfishly as a fan, it's terrible. MBS does knock it out of the park on concessions and logistics but the vibe at a rocking Bobby Dodd is seeped in history and unparalleled, especially night games, and you practically are on top of the sideline from any seat in the stadium. The 2017 ATLUTD games at Bobby Dodd were so much fun with a true home environment that fans still reminisce about them. I've never gotten to experience that with GTFB to be honest, which sucks.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Never thought it was a good idea. I'm not a 17 year old recruit but I don't see how playing a game in an NFL stadium is a recruiting pitch. I'd rather walk through Yellow Jacket Alley on campus with the band playing and run out the tunnel behind the Wreck in the oldest still-in-use stadium in FBS to 55,000 fans clad in gold as the sunset falls over the Midtown/Downtown skyline. Is GTAA making significantly more money off these games after production costs?

Of course, we can't have that either. Selfishly as a fan, it's terrible. MBS does knock it out of the park on concessions and logistics but the vibe at a rocking Bobby Dodd is seeped in history and unparalleled, especially night games, and you practically are on top of the sideline from any seat in the stadium. The 2017 ATLUTD games at Bobby Dodd were so much fun with a true home environment that fans still reminisce about them. I've never gotten to experience that with GTFB to be honest, which sucks.
GT basically thinks GT traditions or worthless and would rather sell MBS

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Annual corporate club seat licenses at MBS are still corporate club seats for this game. I’m going off an N=1, but because of that I’m assuming that holds true for most of the premium sideline seats.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Annual corporate club seat licenses at MBS are still corporate club seats for this game. I’m going off an N=1, but because of that I’m assuming that holds true for most of the premium sideline seats.

Thanks, I think this explanation makes the most sense to me. Tech controls most of the ‘available’ tickets but the definition of ‘available’ seemed to have changed a lot relative to the mid-season UNC game last year compared to this being the Chick-fil-A kickoff. And that also is helpful insight that many of the premium seats on third party ticketing apps are probably from MB season ticket holders - nothing really nefarious about that. Being a Monday night game with a Tuesday workday will hopefully subdue a large Clemson crowd in the good seats but we’ll see.

I see we’re a 3 TD underdog. Honestly I think it’s either a one-score differential like last year (with hopefully us being on the winning side) or a blowout the other way. Hard to gauge after significant over achievements last year (narrow Clemson loss last year, blowout win being a double-digit underdog to UNC) and the significant underachievements that ended the season in dread.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
GT basically thinks GT traditions or worthless and would rather sell MBS
We're an athletic department with so much debt and liabilities, we can't really afford to invest in the future. We just squeeze the fans and alumni for every penny we can as we die a slow death, which is being accelerated by NIL unfortunately. I'll be a fan of GT, D1 or D3 - but I am starting to come to terms there might come a day where we aren't playing for the championships at the highest level and budgets are cut. Georgia Tech football season tickets are practically a charitable donation at this point - $100/ticket/game to sit every game in 205U is not good value.

I'm a bigger basketball fan than football fan so I wouldn't mind college football breaking out into its own entity if we absolutely need to throw football under the bus to keep basketball (and the other non-revenue sports) playing at the highest level.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
So does anyone still really think giving up a home game at BDS for “Mayhem at MBS” is a good thing ? Of course if we beat Clemson then yes…
I don't like it but they're supposedly making a butt ton of money off the gamesin the Benz, money we needed to staff and recruit better. Below is GT's rationale they advertised when they announced the deal:

I guess I have to balk at the statement: GT season ticket members will have priority access to preferred seating options (including premium seating). There's nobody on this board that seems like they have equal to Bobby Dodd seat assignments. For this year's game against Clemson, I'm better than Tennessee but worse than UNC. I about quadrupled my giving when Collins got hired so I expected better seats than Tennessee, plus we would theoretically only have half the seats for the Tennessee game as it was not a "home" game. When I got much better seats for UNC, it appeared the elevated support paid off. Fast forward a year here, with no drop off in support (in fact I upped it again after they called beggng) & I'm not shoved into the endzone like Tennessee but I have no where near as good as seats as UNC. I have a hard time believing more people started donating a lot & my AT rank dropped precipitously as a result. We cannot have the priority access originally advertised. Something stinks here and it's likely GT bungled this game screwing our fans over once again.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't like it but they're supposedly making a butt ton of money off the gamesin the Benz, money we needed to staff and recruit better. Below is GT's rationale they advertised when they announced the deal:

I guess I have to balk at the statement: GT season ticket members will have priority access to preferred seating options (including premium seating). There's nobody on this board that seems like they have equal to Bobby Dodd seat assignments. For this year's game against Clemson, I'm better than Tennessee but worse than UNC. I about quadrupled my giving when Collins got hired so I expected better seats than Tennessee, plus we would theoretically only have half the seats for the Tennessee game as it was not a "home" game. When I got much better seats for UNC, it appeared the elevated support paid off. Fast forward a year here, with no drop off in support (in fact I upped it again after they called beggng) & I'm not shoved into the endzone like Tennessee but I have no where near as good as seats as UNC. I have a hard time believing more people started donating a lot & my AT rank dropped precipitously as a result. We cannot have the priority access originally advertised. Something stinks here and it's likely GT bungled this game screwing our fans over once again.
Iirc
The point system is based on continuing giving to the gt foundation plus giving to gtaa. When I started giving big to gtaa in 14 also reduced the other giving. I got good seats based on 4 years of continued giving.

The View at BDS cannot be replicated in many pro or large college stadiums. We have very vertical stars and we are right on top of players .

This is a temporary situation that will get way better or wy worse.

Gt maybe be playing it's second # 1 team in arow.

Put the ball down and let's see them go

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, my seats for the CU game are pretty comparable to my seats in Bobby Dodd (WAY better than my seats against Tennessee, which were awful).