Clemson Tailgating

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a group of about 18 going for the first time this year to the GT-Clemson game. Staying at Hartwell Friday and Saturday nights. Just wanted to know if anyone had any tailgating tips, advice, etc. I went to a game there probably 10 years ago, and if I remember correctly, pretty much all of the tailgating was in one giant parking lot adjacent to the stadium. Is this still the case? What is traffic like on game day? Is there a spot a lot of GT people set up to tailgate? Thanks for any advice!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Been going to this game for about 15 years.
Traffic is awful.
Hwy 123 is one way in during and one way out after.
178 will be busy as well... (exit 14 off I 85).
There are back roads. I'd recommend.
Tailgating can be done all over campus (if you get there and reserve a spot friday.

I'd try to get near little.john (basketball coliseum).
The main lot out front is for IPTAY members mainly, but there again..first come first serve on leftovers.
Are you staying ON hartwell. ...or IN hartwell?
@Yoda and I know the area well.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
very welcome.
If you are staying on Lake Hartwell, you may want to take Cherry road into Clemspon. It comes in on the back side near the golf course and Bot garden. Plenty of parking opportunities there.
123 into clempson will be a catastrophe as always.

Get there early and plan to stay late.
Also, there is RV parking just a short walk to the stadium ramps.

Good luck!!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
There is always a sea of GT tailgaters at the YMCA lot, which is also where I think most of the RVs park. A mile or two from the stadium. Clemson provides a shuttle from there too. $20

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
They are great hosts and great fans of ACC football. I was amazed at their hospitality. Skip the smack and just talk football and you will have a great time. They like us, as we like them and both hate UGA.

Tailgate within walking distance of the baseball stadium. Your dates will love you as the restrooms are opened up for football and the girls won't have to hit the porto johns.