Clemson on wiretap discussing dropping those bags

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Whether a jury can use a statement to decide guilt or innocence has nothing to do with whether the statement can be published. (1st Amendment and all) Evidence that police find is withheld from juries all of the time, but that doesn't mean that the press is forbidden from publishing the evidence.

Whether people should believe Blazer is a different question.

Well, of course that's the case, he can report whatever he wants, but it's still irresponsible journalism only seeking to sensationalize reporting of an ongoing trial. And the opinion of a lay person like Blazer is not evidence, hence why it was probably excluded. If Sallee wants to write an article about Blazer's opinions wholly separate from the trial, that's fine with me. But he shouldn't act like he's covering an ongoing trial and then drop inadmissible content in there, that's amateur stuff.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Sixteen years ago Dabo was selling real estate in Alabama. He became WR coach at Clemson in 2003.

In 2009 he became head coach, with no prior experience as a head coach or even as a coordinator. That is strange. Why would Clemson do that?
He then proceeded to lose to South Carolina 5 years in a row. You don't keep your multi-million dollar job at Clemson by losing to South Carolina every year.

So what do you do? You cheat. It's a rational decision. If you cheat and get caught you lose your job. You don't cheat you lose your job. Cheat and win and you make big bucks.

Does anyone really believe that all these 5 stars--almost all of them from other than SC-- suddenly found Clemson to be such a wonderful place to go to school--unless they were being paid?

Dabo has leveraged it into a $93 million contract. Cheating has worked well for him, and Clemson is the perfect place for it. They have a history of cheating--and it working--going back to Danny Ford.

I don't really care about wiretaps. The circumstantial evidence says it all.

A GT friend of mine has been to Clemson with a big donor buddy of his and has witnessed the $100 handshakes in the big donor lot after games. But that's the minor stuff.

Deleted member 2897

Sixteen years ago Dabo was selling real estate in Alabama. He became WR coach at Clemson in 2003.

In 2009 he became head coach, with no prior experience as a head coach or even as a coordinator. That is strange. Why would Clemson do that?
He then proceeded to lose to South Carolina 5 years in a row. You don't keep your multi-million dollar job at Clemson by losing to South Carolina every year.

So what do you do? You cheat. It's a rational decision. If you cheat and get caught you lose your job. You don't cheat you lose your job. Cheat and win and you make big bucks.

Does anyone really believe that all these 5 stars--almost all of them from other than SC-- suddenly found Clemson to be such a wonderful place to go to school--unless they were being paid?

Dabo has leveraged it into a $93 million contract. Cheating has worked well for him, and Clemson is the perfect place for it. They have a history of cheating--and it working--going back to Danny Ford.

I don't really care about wiretaps. The circumstantial evidence says it all.

A GT friend of mine has been to Clemson with a big donor buddy of his and has witnessed the $100 handshakes in the big donor lot after games. But that's the minor stuff.

When they had defensive lineman and others projected to be first round draft picks last year and they opted to stay in college one more year, that was about as big a red flag as you can get. When you can thumb your nose at several million in the most violent, short life span sport there is, you know you’re making bank.