Clemson-Miami

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Miami should have saved some of that fight for the actual game. Probably no coach in his heart wants to beat somebody so bad the other coach loses his job, but after this, if Golden had any hope, it is gone.
Oh, they did...did you count the number of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on da U?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Oh, they did...did you count the number of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on da U?
I thought it in keeping with Dabo Swinney that he reamed his team out and lectured them on class. He was overly enthusiastic per usual, but sent a clear and convincing message. I don't think we will see Clemson getting into any dustups this season. The boy has his heart set on the NC and wants to win it in style.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
It was inevitable, really. Al Golden is a good coach, and seems like a good guy, but there is no excuse for that. Georgia Tech was overmatched and outclassed by Clemson, butthey didn't quit. Miami showed no guts. I DO think the Miami fanbase is wildly unrealistic in their expectations. "Da U" is a thing of the past...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It was inevitable, really. Al Golden is a good coach, and seems like a good guy, but there is no excuse for that. Georgia Tech was overmatched and outclassed by Clemson, butthey didn't quit. Miami showed no guts. I DO think the Miami fanbase is wildly unrealistic in their expectations. "Da U" is a thing of the past...
I don't know whether Tech quit at Clemson or not. But we damn sure didn't compete. Got down quick and early and the wheels came off for good. It's really bad, in my opinion, when the opposition starts going deep into its bench early in the third quarter. Was Miami worse? Oh, yes, but they were helped by losing their QB early.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
That's a good question. I don't think the D stopped competing. I think they were overwhelmed and overmatched. There are components of a football game other than the two teams involved. Young kids in Death Valley doesn't make for a heady performance.