Clemson fires Baseball Coach Monte Lee

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
From the article:
Now, Clemson, sources say, is ready to make a sizable commitment to coaches from a salary standpoint. Clemson is a Top 15-20 type of job in our sport, and they are ready to pay top dollar for their next head man.

Ramsey would not even be what they did when they hired Monte Lee. He had [successful] head coaching experience... small sample size; but not zero like Ramsey. I see almost zero chance Clemson hires someone without any HC experience. In fact, I expect (like D1 baseball does) Clemson will make a splash hire and get an established head coach with a top resume. Someone with lots of success at a program "outside" the cushy south where weather and recruiting are easier than wherever this guy is now. OR they find a HC at a mid-major who's been great for quite a few years. But assuming Clemson's new AD is really ready to open up the checkbook and pay a guy, it will be the former.

I love Ramsey. He's been great any way you look at it. I'd be fine with hiring him. HOWEVER, if he is Ga Tech's next HC...from a hiring philosophy standpoint... it is not what top, elite baseball programs typically do (or need to do) to find a great D1 baseball coach. I find this a very interesting situation for TStan...when the time comes.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
From the article:
Now, Clemson, sources say, is ready to make a sizable commitment to coaches from a salary standpoint. Clemson is a Top 15-20 type of job in our sport, and they are ready to pay top dollar for their next head man.

Ramsey would not even be what they did when they hired Monte Lee. He had [successful] head coaching experience... small sample size; but not zero like Ramsey. I see almost zero chance Clemson hires someone without any HC experience. In fact, I expect (like D1 baseball does) Clemson will make a splash hire and get an established head coach with a top resume. Someone with lots of success at a program "outside" the cushy south where weather and recruiting are easier than wherever this guy is now. OR they find a HC at a mid-major who's been great for quite a few years. But assuming Clemson's new AD is really ready to open up the checkbook and pay a guy, it will be the former.

I love Ramsey. He's been great any way you look at it. I'd be fine with hiring him. HOWEVER, if he is Ga Tech's next HC...from a hiring philosophy standpoint... it is not what top, elite baseball programs typically do (or need to do) to find a great D1 baseball coach. I find this a very interesting situation for TStan...when the time comes.

the possibility remains that he could be hired as an associate head coach/recruiting coordinator at another school like Clemson for a substantial pay raise. Not necessarily the case he needs to be made head coach. Clemson has made it known they are ready to make substantial investments into the baseball program.