Clemson favored early spread

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Anyone buying Clemson stock?
I’ve been buying low all season. They have too much talent to roll over and die, but they got the ND game done on the ground more than through the air. We have a soft run d so it could be tough sledding.

They’ve really been ****ing up their QBs since Watson and TLaw. DJ U is doing amazing at Oregon State and now you’re seeing Cade Klubnik put up mediocre performances all season. Watch him transfer and transform into an elite QB.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been buying low all season. They have too much talent to roll over and die, but they got the ND game done on the ground more than through the air. We have a soft run d so it could be tough sledding.

They’ve really been ****ing up their QBs since Watson and TLaw. DJ U is doing amazing at Oregon State and now you’re seeing Cade Klubnik put up mediocre performances all season. Watch him transfer and transform into an elite QB.
Yeah I know, just poking fun at dabo. it will be tough dealing with their running game, and they are hell on defense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is #5 in the talent composite, but something is broken over there in Clemsonville. They have the elite talent level to play with teams like UGA, 'Bama, LSU, Ohio State...but for some reason, the talent isn't translating into wins on the field.

Lots of chatter that Dabo isn't letting their offensive coordinator coach the type of offense that helped TCU to the National Championship last year. Garrett Riley, from what some insiders are saying, is being handcuffed. I'm fine with that if Dabo wants to keep that handcuffs on until after our game. Klubnik looks like a different QB than the one they pushed DJU out for.

Meanwhile, in GT Land, our offense is knocking on the door of elite status. Two back to back games of 300+ yards rushing, and 200+ yards passing...and at least 45 points scored. This harkens back to the CPJ days of shoving the ball down the defense's throat on the ground...with the added benefit of being able to throw very well that CPJ couldn't do consistently. We are extremely tough to play right now and if we continue this, we should be able to play with anyone....yes, even UGA. Our defense has been playing better since the second half of the UNC game. We're not going slow many teams down, but we've become opportunistic with turnovers, and getting the other team's offense off the field.

Make no mistake though, Clemson's defense is very good. Not elite, but still good enough to give our offense issues if we don't play cleanly. Currently, Clemson's DFEI is #32. They have some VERY VERY good players on defense and probably don't need to bring extra players into the box to bring pressure on King.

Clemson is down, but everyone knows what happens when you corner a cat. We can win this, and this game looks a LOT more winnable than it did a month ago. If this team plays as well as we have the last two weeks, this can be a very good game for us.

We'll see. I'm excited to see our team in this current iteration versus elite level talent.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My impression is that Clemson is strong where we are weak. Best defense in ACC, strong line on both sides of the ball, power running game, etc.

In theory they could limit our offense and slowly grind us down. As has been pointed out, they are loaded with talent. If we beat Clemson it will mean Coach Key has accomplished one of the most dramatic turnarounds in a coach’s first year in the history of college football.

So, two things. One. Beating Clemson is not at all likely. Two. If Tech miraculously wins, there are those who will immediately reassess Clemson, LOL.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is #5 in the talent composite, but something is broken over there in Clemsonville. They have the elite talent level to play with teams like UGA, 'Bama, LSU, Ohio State...but for some reason, the talent isn't translating into wins on the field.

Lots of chatter that Dabo isn't letting their offensive coordinator coach the type of offense that helped TCU to the National Championship last year. Garrett Riley, from what some insiders are saying, is being handcuffed. I'm fine with that if Dabo wants to keep that handcuffs on until after our game. Klubnik looks like a different QB than the one they pushed DJU out for.

Meanwhile, in GT Land, our offense is knocking on the door of elite status. Two back to back games of 300+ yards rushing, and 200+ yards passing...and at least 45 points scored. This harkens back to the CPJ days of shoving the ball down the defense's throat on the ground...with the added benefit of being able to throw very well that CPJ couldn't do consistently. We are extremely tough to play right now and if we continue this, we should be able to play with anyone....yes, even UGA. Our defense has been playing better since the second half of the UNC game. We're not going slow many teams down, but we've become opportunistic with turnovers, and getting the other team's offense off the field.

Make no mistake though, Clemson's defense is very good. Not elite, but still good enough to give our offense issues if we don't play cleanly. Currently, Clemson's DFEI is #32. They have some VERY VERY good players on defense and probably don't need to bring extra players into the box to bring pressure on King.

Clemson is down, but everyone knows what happens when you corner a cat. We can win this, and this game looks a LOT more winnable than it did a month ago. If this team plays as well as we have the last two weeks, this can be a very good game for us.

We'll see. I'm excited to see our team in this current iteration versus elite level talent.

EDIT: Sorry ladies and gents...Clemson's DFEI is #10, which means they are playing defense at an elite level commensurate with their talent level.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Been perusing over on TigerNet — they are not taking us lightly at all. They expect to win but think it'll be a close one. It's refreshing to see that we're actually earning some respect in the college football world again.
That might also be a reflection that they don't think they're very good (or are at least inconsistent) this year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to say this, but our Offense is going to get punched in the mouth this weekend. We've got an opportunity to show how much we've grown and that we are moving in the right direction or we can fold like a paper tiger. What we do will say a lot about our progress. UNC and UVa defenses aren't from the same area code as Clemson. I am cautiously optimistic Faulkner and crew will figure something out, but it may take several series to do so. I hope our defense can step up and plug some gaps to slow down their running game until our O gets on-track.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Clemson’s largest margin of victory over a P5 team this season is 17 points- a 31-14 win against Syracuse. The way we’ve been playing recently I like us with the points. And if we win the turnover battle then maybe we can pull out a W.
I like that they're coming off a big win. I guess Tech is, too, but beating Notre Dame is extra special.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
ESPN’s Connelly picks Clemson by nearly 16

Having trouble buying the 34-19 score predicted by SP+. For one thing, Clemson’s average opponent score is 21, and we have one of the best offenses they have faced. Not saying we should win this one by any means, but come on.

If we protect the football and do what we can to slow down their run game, I think we have a puncher’s chance. Would not have said that right after the BC game, but we have seen what is possible when we are hitting on all cylinders.