Clemson fan here...

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is my 2nd favorite ACC team. I will admit I thought DABO was a bit of a joke when He was hired, but I now think he is a good coach and an excellent recruiter.

I honestly have no idea how this game is going to go. If you had asked me at the beginning of the season I would have said Tech loses by 2 touchdowns or more, but now I really do think GT has a pretty good chance. Looking forward to a great game against a great team.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Welcome to the board!

Feel free to ask any questions about Tech players, scheme, etc.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We think our offense gives us a punchers chance at winning every game.

We also think our defense gives anyone a chance of beating us in every game.

In recent years, our offense had moved the ball and scored points against Clemson, in spite of some great defensive teams and players on your side of the ball. This year our offense is the best it has been under CPJ (possible exception of 2009)

But, this has been a year when the past patterns have all been reversed...we lost to Duke and UNC whom we always, *always* beat. We beat VPI&SU and Miami whom we had lost to something like 4 years in a row each. So, in truth, I am almost expecting a low scoring game that reverse the trend of recent years in the series, just because this year continues to be "weird". I'll be Ok with that if it continues through the last game in November. :)

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome. We have great respect for your team, and I personally consider you more of a true rival than our less-educated brethren to the east.

This should be a great game. Here's to no injuries on either side.

chase1396

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome to the board!

Feel free to ask any questions about Tech players, scheme, etc.
I have not been able to catch any GT games this year. I watch some of the GT-NC State game but you guys were curb stomping them so I turned it. Who is your best offensive player? How about best defensive player? And also what Clemson player concerns you most?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@chase1396

Best overall player on O...has to be Shaq Mason at RG...likely to be a All American.

After that I would say WR DeAndre Smelter and QB Justin Thomas.

On defense for me it's between LB PJ Davis and DB DJ White.

For Clemson...the obvious in Watson and Mike Williams on O...For some reason I have a feeling that Scott or Peake will have a big day against us.

On defense for Clemson I would go Grady Jarrett, Anthony and Beasley in that order.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Eric is spot on. Mason, Smelter, and Thomas are our big 3 on offense. Thomas is known as being a great option guy but he's also our most effective passer in many years.

I think everyone here is pretty impressed with Watson and thinks he's got a good chance to shred our defense.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome, Chase!

I was lucky enough to be hosted in Death Valley to a tailgate and great seats last year with a Clemson Alum buddy of mine. Classy fans! Was treated with great respect.

A healthy rivalry going back as far as I can remember. Win or lose after Clemson home games, we always had a great party at the restaurant I managed in the eighties/early nineties (Pero's) which was nearly across the street from Grant Field.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks a pantload buddy. I'm in the last leg of 4 flights home from Chiang Mai. We've been traveling since the CPJ radio show was on the air Monday.

I was doing ok. Now? I'm craving Pero's. You guys made some great pizza. Between Pero's and Juniors, we were in good shape.

Declinometer

Banned
Welcome, Chase!

I was lucky enough to be hosted in Death Valley to a tailgate and great seats last year with a Clemson Alum buddy of mine. Classy fans! Was treated with great respect.

A healthy rivalry going back as far as I can remember. Win or lose after Clemson home games, we always had a great party at the restaurant I managed in the eighties/early nineties (Pero's) which was nearly across the street from Grant Field.

I wish I could party after a lose. I'm wired more like CPJ and hate to lose. No partying from me after a lose.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome, Chase!

I miss Pero's and Grumpy's.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
Oct. 13, 1990 Georgia Tech 21, Clemson 19 Atlanta, GA

That was a great post-game party at Pero's. Mutual respect and great fun long into the night. We must have had about 40% of our dining room filled with Clemson fans.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Oct. 13, 1990 Georgia Tech 21, Clemson 19 Atlanta, GA

That was a great post-game party at Pero's. Mutual respect and great fun long into the night. We must have had about 40% of our dining room filled with Clemson fans.

Pero's was right across the street from the AE building, iirc. I think I went there at least once every couple weeks to get a slice on a paper plate and, iirc, a Michelob Dark in a paper cup. I'd then walk back across the street and eat pizza and drink beer while some grad student read thru the published lecture notes as he copied them onto the chalk board. Fond memories ... of Michelob Dark and Pero's Pizza.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
It was right across the street. But our cups were plastic. :) 20 oz drafts, frequently taken as "go cups". Haven't seen mich dark on draft or in bottles for a long time!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It was right across the street. But our cups were plastic. :) 20 oz drafts, frequently taken as "go cups". Haven't seen mich dark on draft or in bottles for a long time!

20 oz drafts!! Yep. That was it. If I never said thank you from 1985-1987, I thank you now, sir!

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey, Jacket fans! Looking forward to the game Saturday! I have seen some Tech fans on other boards saying we are not taking GT that serious...let me say that is NOT true. GT is easily our only real opponent left on our schedule. This may be considered a "rivalry" but I respect GT and their fans. Hope no injuries occur Saturday! Go Tigers!

It's refreshing to see a Clemson fan expressing some respect, and of course a team's fans are entitled to their opinions on their own boards, but it really was a surprise to check TigerNet and see the scores of threads expressing precious little regard for Tech's chances in the upcoming game. One would think that Tech is about to run up against the '85 Chicago Bears defense, not just an admittedly good college defense. If Tech does pull the minor upset, it would be extraordinarily good fun to check that particular Tiger forum again -- more than a few of those folks would deserve every iota of misery they would be feeling. Funny, how cocky (wordplay intended) some folks can be with a massive two-game winning streak over a particular opponent.

Here's hoping CPJ and the boys aren't just fired up, but also in a take-care-of-business, shrewd, and cold-blooded assassin state of mind come Saturday.