Clayton State 5PM, Sunday, January 23rd

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Game will not be telecast to my knowledge. Be they're live, listen on the radio, or via the internet to see if a lot of the youngsters get some PT.

In the second game of a four-game homestand, Georgia Tech steps out of conference to host neighboring Clayton State for a 5 p.m. contest Sunday at McCamish Pavilion.
This game was scheduled a week ago to replace the Yellow Jackets’ cancelled Dec. 23 game against Alabama A&M. Those having tickets for the Alabama A&M game may use them for Sunday’s game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@awbuzz thank you for starting the game thread. I have done the last few and my results have been questionable at best so I have been on a self-imposed ban on starting these for a bit.

I even printed out a picture of the Get-Bak coach drinking lattes with our guy “Starbucks” to inspire me to not step out of line.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good chance we win 😉

Screenshot_20220122-213539.jpg

slugboy

Staff member
Game is about halfway through the first. Tech has a big talent advantage. The game is a little sloppy, and we should have more than a 10 point lead.

Playing a small lineup. It's a game that Khalid should feast on. Usher is feasting.

If Devoe could dunk, he’d be a nightmare to deal with. He’s a great player, but he’s getting stopped on layups that he’d crush if he just had a little more elevation.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just said to myself in chat that Usher is playing like a BULLY today and I’m loving it. He is just doing whatever he wants. Going to feast today!

Agree about Mike dunking. That would really help his game but it seems like not something he is comfortable with or interested in trying.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Dang they’re playing hyper physical against us. They’ve been beating on our guys - I’m sure it doesn’t help that devoe has 17, and their whole team has 20.

slugboy

Staff member
We were up 51-20 at the half. Scored since then. There should be playing time for young players in this game. Pastner is teaching on the sidelines.